• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Flashing Guide for the 6800 Video cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, well i got the card to flash. It didnt work for me with nvflash ver. 4.42, I used 5.10 and it went flawlessly. First i used a BFG GT bios and edited it so that I would be doing 1.4v instead of 1.3. Then flashed with that and tried to see how far i could oc it. I did it that way because my card would not oc beyond 386 4.02 before this flash. Anything higher than that and coolbits would report it unstable. It was even unstable at that speed because if I sat down and played a graphics intensive game for over a period of time my computer would crash.

However after i flashed to 1.4v i was able to bring the card up to 420 1.16 with coolbits and coolbits rendered it stable. So I ran mark03 for 3 loops to ensure it wouldnt crash, and that there werent any artifacts. At that point I edited the bios again and changed my clocks so my card would boot up at that speed. I would say this flash is awesome for me, it helped with my lackluster overclock substantially.

One question I have is would I benefit at all if I flashed to ultra speeds? Or would it not be worth it. Also if there are some people out there that have tried I would like to know what your experience was like.

Thanks!! Great Thread!

WheaT

Dude... I have the same card as you... I thought it was a CRAPPY OCer, but I guess you proved me wrong. Mine didn't like 1.4v. I got a bad batch... you should be happy :)

One thing i would change is the OC you flashed 2.

I wouldnt flash to youre Max overclock cuss if something goes wrong then flashing back could be a *****. If 400/1100 is 100% perfectly stable then thats is what i would flash 2 instead. Unless youre new OC is perfectly stable and you really want it to stay perm @ that then its youre choice. So if you ment flashing to Ultra speeds as in 400/1100 clocks that is what i keep my card flashed 2, but i may use powerstrip to oc it some more for 24/7 use. I say you should keep the card flashed to a lil lower then youre max to aviod having problem if one ever turns up

Godman youre problem might be due to the fan you have on the card, have you switched back to the stock cooler then tried the 1.4v flash and see if it still does that black screen thing ? Also did you flash back to 1.3v (stock bios) and the problem went away i hope ?

I'm back on the BFG Bios at 1.3v, yes. The problem doesn't happen anymore. I'm running 400gpu and left the mem at 1000 for now. I just don't know why it was giving me the black screen. By the way, I get the black screen before the fan shuts off. It's like a second after that the fan stops... which makes me think... I think the video card goes it to shutdown mode or something. Think about it... video signal stops, then fan shuts off... that must mean the card turns off.

Yea sounds like it, i never knew the cards do this tho.

Of topic. You have a raptor, i just got mine so i dunno if this is normal or what. Its fairly new like a month or so old. Recently i noticed the drive makes a faint Chirping noise like a bird. It isnt a clicking or clanking noise justa soft bird chirping noise that you can barely hear.

I dl'ed WD utility to check the drive and see if it is bad, the fast and extensive test all passed with flying colors saying my drive is running perfectly. I get the same HDD scores on sandra and such that i got on day 1, i dunno if this noise is normal or not tho

I never ran tests on mine... it's flawless, BUT... this is my 2nd... i had to exchange it since the other was acting weird.

My motherboard wouldn't recognize the SATA... it was really weird. I got a new one and everything worked out.

Dude, just RMA yours to WD or unless you got it recently you can send it back to where you bought it. Replace it... DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT waste your time on it. I spent 25-30 hours trying to figure mine out. I tried diff mobos, sata cables, drivers, bioses... you name it man I spent eternity on mine.

Just send it back.

Last edited:
Well mine isnt giving me any problems just sometimes not all the time it makes a chirping noise. I got mine from newegg they only sell OEM's so i dont think i can rma it

They should still replace it put in a rma request and see.If you have no luck with newegg try WD for an RMA .I had no problems with seagate when i received a dead 120GB sata drive.Shipped it out and i had it back in 8 days total.From me to them and back to me just 8 days..That chirping is a bad bearing in there or a dry bearing.More than likely.

Last edited:
You can send it back, and to tell you the truth OEM does NOT mean no warranty. I figured that out after I sent my OEM WD 80gig Spec. Ed. to Western Digi for a replacement 1.5 yrs later =)

You can still RMA OEM products. OEM just means that you don't have the retail stuff with it (cables, box, etc.). OEM CPUs I believe are different.

I doubt anybody will do anything to see what you have on the Raptor but erasing it would not be a bad idea if you have something personal on it.
I do have a nagging question. What 6800nu brand card has the best chance of flashing to a GT? Oh, yeah, also to open up the remaining pipes?

Does anyone have any info on flashing or at least unlocking a PCI-E 6800NU? I've pulled the bios, but I'm afraid to merge the script with it and flash the card, since I doubt it works the same as the AGP version. Rivatuner won't show me any disabled pipes or vertex shaders and NiBiTor doesn't recognize the bios.

Yeah it dont look like i can do any thing with your bios.There is no program that can read it yet so I opened a thread in guru3d.com about the PCI-E 6800nu and the 15.2 Rt to see what is said about it..But im sur 15.3 should do the trick for ya.I did get a pm from unwinder and he said that 15.3 should be out a couple days before new years day.

I have an evga 6800nu and when I try to edit the voltages, there is no option for 1.3 volts anywhere, if I use NiBitor, or Omni, I even tried a BFG BIOS but I still couldnt get 1.3 to show up. How can I fix this?

No go on 1.3 i wanted the same thing but can not get it.So its either 1.2 or 1.4.Dont worry from my experiences with this card 1.4 doesnt help the OC much and increases heat about 6-10c idle.and over 76c playing light games,What are your max clocks now? mine are 395 /830 @16/6 or there about.But @12/5 i can OC to 415/920.If i raised the voltage i could do it at 16/6 mostlikely but it just gets to hot for me.

Back