• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

biostar m7vkb mobo w/ duron 800...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuronNewbie...

is this board an overclockable board? i did the trick to my L7 bank and the vcore is reading 1.95...the system hangs at 832mhz and above...i have 256mb SDRAM/PC133, any advice?

yes, as far as i know, my max bios settings are 112fsb/37...???=896mhz...but i still can't get it past 832???

I dont know your board but I guess it is using the VIAKT133 chipset. This chipset cannot do high fsb speeds (110-115max and sometimes only 102!!), you have only found the max for your chipset, not your Duron.

You have to change the Durons multiplier to get higher speed. If your board supports multiplier settings you have to unlock your cpu by using the pencil trick ( connect the L1 bridges).

If your board doesn't support multiplier changes you can still change the multiplier by connecting/cutting the bridges.

Back