• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well now i need 40 dollars. i had to send 15 dollars to a guy who was able to fix my router (tiny work stuff on pcb). ill see what i can do though. maybe my dad might be able to help me out.

EDIT: wow. that uses up 3 slots...ill think on that one. i would have bought instantly it if it used two.

More than one? pci-e risers...it's better to get one of those than to use more lower tier cards honestly.

More than one? pci-e risers...it's better to get one of those than to use more lower tier cards honestly.

no i mean i wanted to use a 280x in my MAIN system. i have been using the 7950 i have to mine doge in my MAIN system. it used to be on my pc bench (i was going to use that and the 7950 to try out linux games).

also, i need 30 more dollars to get the card. i need to have 10 dollars left in my bank account.

EDIT: @ivanlabrie im thinking of withdrawing some of my bitcoin money (50 dollars) to pay for an MSI R9 280x, the Asus R9 280x, or the Gigabyte 7950 or another msi 7950. you think i should get another 7950? which brand.

Last edited:
No 7950...not worth it atm. It's a crapshoot,same as with the 7970s. Go 280X man, so far all 280x's I've seen do 700kh/s+

I'd go with the cheapest 280X you find. Maybe try the xfx ones, I have 6 at home lol (for a client's build)

hey guys, can anyone login to their hashco account ? it still throws me back to mainpage all the time :(

looks like they are handling it nicely, i should of had abot half a cent, so no horrid loss if something

btw guys notice ltc today ? thats just heartwarming to me :) anyone here think ltc may hit 100$ one day ? i think its value sustains such a price, but ... well you never know, it was down to $9 like a few days ago :(

Waaaaahhh. Only gonna get about 10,000 EAC/day with 1.7MH/s :(. Wish I jumped on this a few days ago.

According to the stats at adtpool.co.uk, 98 Kh/s nets me 12,000EAC/day. Now it's probably like 7,000 EAC/day.

Everyone have a good xmas?
I decided to check bter for the doge price, only to see doge took a dump in it's pants :(

I really hope it rises to 0.00000200....

looks like they are handling it nicely, i should of had abot half a cent, so no horrid loss if something

btw guys notice ltc today ? thats just heartwarming to me :) anyone here think ltc may hit 100$ one day ? i think its value sustains such a price, but ... well you never know, it was down to $9 like a few days ago :(

Just to piggyback off of this statement, Alpha Technologies just announced registration for pre-orders of their LTC ASIC miner; I feel like we might see a price increase once the ASICs raise the difficulty. $2200 for a 5Mh/s unit, anyone going to get one of these?

I would send a link, but there website has so much traffic I think it crashed their server lol.

EDIT: I will leave this here for when it does decide to work.

https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-23122013/

According to the stats at adtpool.co.uk, 98 Kh/s nets me 12,000EAC/day. Now it's probably like 7,000 EAC/day.

Everyone have a good xmas?
I decided to check bter for the doge price, only to see doge took a dump in it's pants :(

I really hope it rises to 0.00000200....

What difficulty are they using in that estimate? Difficulty is now almost 30.

There's no way 98kh/s will do anywhere close to 10,000/day. Maybe on day 1, but not now.

Last edited:
Just to piggyback off of this statement, Alpha Technologies just announced registration for pre-orders of their LTC ASIC miner; I feel like we might see a price increase once the ASICs raise the difficulty. $2200 for a 5Mh/s unit, anyone going to get one of these?

I would send a link, but there website has so much traffic I think it crashed their server lol.

EDIT: I will leave this here for when it does decide to work.

https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-23122013/

Overpriced IMO. Just not enough margin to be worth it IMO.

Is there even a delivery date? My guess is that it will deliver WAYYYY late.

The margin is decent but I would hope for more.

At current exchange it would pay for itself in about 2 months, which isn't bad at all really.

Anybody know if it's possible to have a Nvidia GPU in your main slot for graphics, but 1 or 2 AMD cards in the 2nd and 3rd slot mining? This way my normal usage and game play would not be affected and mining would never be interrupted. Can this be done?

Anybody know if it's possible to have a Nvidia GPU in your main slot for graphics, but 1 or 2 AMD cards in the 2nd and 3rd slot mining? This way my normal usage and game play would not be affected and mining would never be interrupted. Can this be done?

I have heard rumors of people getting this to work, but I have also heard horror stories of people having major driver conflicts. It should be possible, but I think it comes down to how much effort you want to put into it.

I am personally just switching my wifes rig over to AMD to get started with my mining farm until I can afford to setup some dedicated miners. Hummm, suddenly HTPCs with 7850s is starting to sound pretty smexy actually....

OK what if I just use an AMD card as the main graphics, like I think a 6850 or something would suffice for my gaming. And then I can use two 7850's for the mining cards. Can you allocated which cards mine? Or will it only only do the card in slot 0 first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back