• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK what if I just use an AMD card as the main graphics, like I think a 6850 or something would suffice for my gaming. And then I can use two 7850's for the mining cards. Can you allocated which cards mine? Or will it only only do the card in slot 0 first?

You can assign which cards to use with cgminer. You could also setup a second cgminer to mine on the 6850 and run that when you are not gaming.

Does anyone have any info on getting coins from hashco.ws?
I saw mention of a wdc pump coming so I had been holding instead of auto trading. Now the price is going up a bit, but I can't withdraw them...

What difficulty are they using in that estimate? Difficulty is now almost 30.

There's no way 98kh/s will do anywhere close to 10,000/day. Maybe on day 1, but not now.

Diff was about 10.....
EDIT: Diff at time of post is 20 at adtpool.co.uk and diff is 18 at eac.awesomemining.co.uk

EDIT2: Ahh, nevermind. The stats at adtpool are wrong, I never made 10,000 EAC/day like they said, there estimates are way off. Eac.awsomeining's estimitesa are more realistic, I'd make about 5-6 EAC/day :p Still, if EAC/USD is really $23, then I'm still making huge profit.....

Anybody know if it's possible to have a Nvidia GPU in your main slot for graphics, but 1 or 2 AMD cards in the 2nd and 3rd slot mining? This way my normal usage and game play would not be affected and mining would never be interrupted. Can this be done?

I have heard rumors of people getting this to work, but I have also heard horror stories of people having major driver conflicts. It should be possible, but I think it comes down to how much effort you want to put into it.

I am personally just switching my wifes rig over to AMD to get started with my mining farm until I can afford to setup some dedicated miners. Hummm, suddenly HTPCs with 7850s is starting to sound pretty smexy actually....

OK what if I just use an AMD card as the main graphics, like I think a 6850 or something would suffice for my gaming. And then I can use two 7850's for the mining cards. Can you allocated which cards mine? Or will it only only do the card in slot 0 first?

This is what I want to do when my 6850 arrives, run the 550 in my sig as primary and the 6850 for mining.

But my main psu is not beefy enough to support the rig + 6850 :(

Would an old (made in 2003) psu suppy enough power if I use the molex to pci adapter???

That 2003 psu can deliver 230 watts on the 5v lines...... but I think the 6850 needs 241 at full load...
Would that work????

Last edited:
The 6850 is 127w TDP. Even overclocked it would barely push 150w if that.

According to TechPowerUp they only use 118w under Furmark, and 96w while gaming at 100% load. That's at stock clocks of course. But it still shows the 127w TDP is high if anything.

With that said, the 5v line is obviously insignificant....the video card runs off the +12v line. Personally I would just upgrade the PSU. The one suggested in the post above seems like pretty darn good bang for the buck. Personally I would have recommended the Corsair CX500M simply because I can't stand using anything but a modular PSU, but for only $35 that one seems like a heck of a deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817494002

get this and youll be fine. has been working great for my 7950.

Thanks, but my main psu is a 600 watt 80+ bronze lol.

The 6850 is 127w TDP. Even overclocked it would barely push 150w if that.

According to TechPowerUp they only use 118w under Furmark, and 96w while gaming at 100% load. That's at stock clocks of course. But it still shows the 127w TDP is high if anything.

With that said, the 5v line is obviously insignificant....the video card runs off the +12v line. Personally I would just upgrade the PSU. The one suggested in the post above seems like pretty darn good bang for the buck. Personally I would have recommended the Corsair CX500M simply because I can't stand using anything but a modular PSU, but for only $35 that one seems like a heck of a deal.

This is my card: Msi R6850 Power Edition / OC he reviews say 241 watts, I need to confirm this, I'll do more research. (Maybe you guys can help? :D )

The 241 watt figure was probably the entire PC's consumption not just the card. It would probably be impossible to get a 6850 to consume 241 watts. Perhaps under Liquid nitrogen cooling, volt modded, and an insane overclock.....perhaps.

Where did you hear that? I've not seen EAC anywhere near that value.

Moho said he sold 760,000 for 1.5BTC. That makes EAC/BTC ~0.000002

Assuming BTC @ 700USD, that makes EAC/USD = $0.0014

From adtpool.co.uk It's in the dashboard.

But, I had my doubts about that price anyway.
So, moho sold 760,000 EAC? I didn't see that post (even though I asked him) :facepalm:

So if EAC is worth 0.000002 BTC, then I made....... ~$2 in like 3 days?!?
Awww sh*t, I just wasted huge amounts of electricity. I'm done with EAC.

I've made 1600 EAC and that's enough, I'll hold and sell later on.

So is the cow still dead? Should I revert to middlecoin or go back to give-me-coins and mine LTC?

EDIT: I'm mining at middlecoin. High fee's, but it's okay for now. but why is my 550ti not finding many shares??? At give-me-coins, It was finding shares left right and centre! Something wrong?

Last edited:
A lot of people don't know this, but share finding is actually luck based just like block finding. So people with higher hashrates find more shares (on average) than people with lower hashrates. So it's really less dependent upon the pool and more dependent upon your hashrate relative to the other people mining at that pool.

Well I feel like I missed the train on dodge, and I threw 2 days at memory coin without any luck.

I am glad to see that BTC is on the rise again. Its been a couple of weeks of uncertainty, but as expected its moving north again.

Hope to see it clear 1K by jan 1.

id be extatic to see it over 1k by the 1st :) go bitsy go !! :attn:

btw wiz, did you try memorycoin solo ? wht cpu ? im trying it myself, but so far so slow, annoyed a bit
why missed train on the DOGe ? difficulty didnt jump that much and prices are likely to rise again, they didnt super drop or anything, still one of the most profitable coins
a good pool to mine dog is multipool, i have half the farm on it myself

i have 60k doge coin lol. read somewhere that doge coin is going to land on the moon btw in a few days. can anyone confirm this?

dunno bout the dogs, but anyone notice pts ? its nearly 1:1 with ltc, nuts

A lot of people don't know this, but share finding is actually luck based just like block finding. So people with higher hashrates find more shares (on average) than people with lower hashrates. So it's really less dependent upon the pool and more dependent upon your hashrate relative to the other people mining at that pool.

You don't "find" shares... They are calculated and submitted. Each share is the possible "key" to unlock the encryption on a block.

"Finding a block" means that one of your shares was the correct key for that block.

The reason your accept rate on middlecoin is slow vs other pools is because they don't have VARDIFF and they have it locked to 512. This is to reduce their server load. So everyone submits less shares, but each share is worth more and it evens out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back