• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you not running all for LTC?

If you look in my mining rig picture (up top), I had to run dual PSU's, and I have since taken my Kilowatt PSU for use in my daily rig. So I don't have enough PSU to run all my cards (even though I still have all of them).

Cool, one more question, what miner do you use for LTC's? Is it the same GUIMiner v.2012-12-03 you use?

I use CGminer. You just have to use --scrypt for the hashing algorithm. CGminer is probably the best mining program because it's so versatile, and can be used for SHA256 (Bitcoin) or scrypt mining (Litecoin, FeatherCoin, BBQ, etc.).

Thank You Chance, I'll find it and give it a shot :) In the last few days I've mined 0.05197802 BTC. I think I'll wait till I have 1.0 BTC then go for LTC's :)

just made about two litecoins which took me two weeks...i need moar hardware.

EDIT: for fun, i asked my mom how much money she needed and she said "2,000 dollars to pay for a new car".

so i grabbed the give-me-ltc calculator on their website and found that it would take 8 months if i had a 7950 and my two 7870s mining away that entire time.

2 weeks to get 2 ltc? I make 0.8 ltc per day...single 6950 atm.

if i had left my 7870s running the entire time i would have made more but i worry about too much stress. they are at a 73c when working hard.

really wish i had another radeon graphics card...and a better power supply.

No problem with stress...keep temps below 75c and off you go.
As for the psu yours is not that good really, but it should work ok till you can afford a better unit.
Did you try my suggestion? Render with hd4000 (plug monitor to mobo video out but enable it in the bios before hand), then mine all day with your cards. You can also mine on one and disable xfire to play on the other card :p
You should have gotten much more money by now, which would help with upgrades if you mined 24/7.

Ivan did you actually try this ? because drivers conflict so bad; i have a 880g board with a 4250 and a 5770, now since they use different drivers, they just wont play along

question for everyone, why not build these rigs with FM1/2 ? and mine on the ondie as well ? just curious since I was thinking it does bring another 100 or doesnt it ?

this is weird. im gettnig a bunch of rejects in cgminer. i had just done a fresh install of windows and drivers and it still gives me that.

help?

EDIT: never mind, i forgot to add "-scrypt" as one of the commands in the cgminer shortcut.

Last edited:
RAGE TIME

this is FRUSTERATING. MY CARDS WERE MINING AT 800MHASHS IN TOTAL WHEN I HAD GUI MINER.

AFTER UPGRADING THE DRIVERS THEY DROPPED TO 300. NOW ITS 275. WHAT.

I WANT MY 800MHASHS AND KHASHS BACK. EVEN AFTER DOING AN OSRI AND REINSTALLING DRIVERS 13.1, IT STILL MINES AT THE SAME FREAKING RATE.

rage time over.

You have to manually set the proper flags (settings) in guiminer, otherwise your hash rate will suck.

i found this thing called "--thread-concurrency". i tried messing with it to where i got it at 370 but when i changed it to a higher number it dropped.

i really want my two 7870s to be mining at 400khashs again.

i remember the only thign i did was just startup gui miner and they were mining away at 400khashs.

Haven't tried but it should work right away...I'll give it a shot tonight with my hd graphics (D945GCCR board lol)

on the 945 it wont work at all forget it, no intels up to sandy bridge will
amd works, but doesnt really work, meaning you can boot using onboard and use onboard, but the discrete just sits there looking stupid

in my experience, remote control works best, that way u only got a lan and power cable and the vcard is not being used as there is no image to draw

well I just remote control the pc :) using radmin and no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back