• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a huge increase, I dont forsee that anytime soon if at all, thats like btc going for 1k and thats really pushing it, may as well simply buy some btc and wait :D

mtgox has confirmed they'll put litecoin and other altcoins up in the near* future.

I also don't think $115 is the highest bitcoin will settle to before the year is over

mtgox has confirmed they'll put litecoin and other altcoins up in the near* future.

I also don't think $115 is the highest bitcoin will settle to before the year is over

oh not 115, but about 150; about 5 for ltc

btw anyone know why in btc 5770 and 7770 are about same, while in ltc the 7770 sux :( 200 for the 5770 and only 150 for the 7770 with 18 intensity

The API key allows you to use an API reading program (such as an android app) to get updates on your miner's hashrates and earnings.

PLEASE, please, please do some reading on these topics. ALL of the crypto-coins use a wallet program. That wallet program can be used to receive coins, send coins, sign digital messages using PGP/GPG encryption flags (that's more BTC than LTC, etc.). A wallet should be the first thing you download when you start mining a coin, otherwise where will you put them? I sure as hell don't leave my BTC/LTC on the pool's website, and you should NOT treat the exchanges like banks. They have no legal obligation (especially since most of them are run over-seas) to give back money, or pay us if they keep it and run. An encrypted wallet on your computer is the safest place for coins while you sit on them before spending, selling, etc.

Again, please do some reading. I tried to get this idea passed over earlier, but my words fell on deaf ears. For all some people know, BTC mining could be running calculations to break the launch codes for the US nuclear arsenal (Name that movie!). But my point is that these coins might not be as great as they sound, and unless you do your research, you are just mining to mine. It's great that we all make a profit to do this, but the guy(s) who invented BTC didn't just make it to earn profit (unfortunately, most of the various forks are just for profit). So do some reading, understand what BTC/LTC/CNC/FTC all are before you go and mine them.

Moho are you fixing your issues with invalids? Make sure you are on a stratum server and tweak your settings to try to reduce those. You are losing 15% of your hashes to invalids.

Moho are you fixing your issues with invalids? Make sure you are on a stratum server and tweak your settings to try to reduce those. You are losing 15% of your hashes to invalids.

Yeah ive tried everything from 15 intensity to 128 worksize, vectors 1/2, 1/2 gpu threads, everything is between 10-15% loss.
thats why I was headbanging after I seen the screen with so low invalids

Yeah ive tried everything from 15 intensity to 128 worksize, vectors 1/2, 1/2 gpu threads, everything is between 10-15% loss.
thats why I was headbanging after I seen the screen with so low invalids

what cards are you using? post your current config

I would actually first assume you need more voltage/lower clocks to correct invalids if you're already using stratum and optimal miner settings for the cards

assuming you have a few different cards, do ALL of them have 10-15% stales? or is it some cards and not others

what cards are you using? post your current config

I would actually first assume you need more voltage/lower clocks to correct invalids if you're already using stratum and optimal miner settings for the cards

assuming you have a few different cards, do ALL of them have 10-15% stales? or is it some cards and not others
all are using stratum.
all the cards i have are msi 6850s all at stock.
13.4 drivers
win7x64
each gets about 10-15% stales/rejected/discarded.
the best config i found so far is:
TC set to 0(wont work any other way) as well as shaders at 0
1 vector
2 gpu threads
work 128
i17/16
with these im currently seeing a max of 10% but still kinda testing.
Luckily it's working again...guiminer was really MEH.

I'll run the 7950 till I can get my MVG back to life, then it'll be 6950+7950. :D

for some reason also sometimes my miners wouldnt work unless i activated the SETX GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERC 100 setting.

Delete the vector setting as cgminer is plenty good at setting that. The shaders need to be set, so check the readme. Then try multiples of the shader number for the thread concurrency. If it gives an error at start up about memory, you will need to either lower the thread concurrency, or increase the look up gap one at a time until it works. Those settings alone should fix your issues.

Delete the vector setting as cgminer is plenty good at setting that. The shaders need to be set, so check the readme. Then try multiples of the shader number for the thread concurrency. If it gives an error at start up about memory, you will need to either lower the thread concurrency, or increase the look up gap one at a time until it works. Those settings alone should fix your issues.

i swear, every time i mess with the shaders option, it never works, and always gets the "APPCRASH" error.
I guess ill try once more.
just installed teamviewer on all my miners so its much easier now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back