• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bitmap to jpeg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

is there any free software that will convert bitmap images into jpeg images. the reason i need this is because bitmaps take up ten times the space of the same jpeg picture

Yeah, MS Paint will do it. Flie>Save As>Then choose JPEG from the list.

there is also a program called CryptaPix at shareware.com. had a 30 day free trial , you can either then buy it, or uninstall it, and reinstall it. does conversion of all kinds of files, set the attributes, serialize and erc. I love it.

And of course, there is IrfanView... Will open or save almost every format I've heard of and then some :eek: Freeware of course... I'm a cheapo. :D Do a search for it on a search engine and you should find it.

EDIT: AND, it will also do batch conversions (lots of files at once)!! Thought it could but had to check... Definatly a time-saver for what you are doing.

JigPu

JigPu said:
And of course, there is IrfanView... Will open or save almost every format I've heard of and then some :eek: Freeware of course... I'm a cheapo. :D Do a search for it on a search engine and you should find it.

EDIT: AND, it will also do batch conversions (lots of files at once)!! Thought it could but had to check... Definatly a time-saver for what you are doing.

JigPu
Irfanview is hard to beat, especially for free. Slide shows, batch conversions, edits, filtering, you name it, it does it. Even has a built in media player. What more can you ask for? :D

I never used the programs above except PS6. ACDSee get my vote cause it can convert a large amount of files at once, u check the files u want converted and convert. and it supports many other formats as well

free program

I also use Irfanview. But I can get into Photoshop and a bunch of others on my roomate's HP, though I feel soiled after working on his PC.

Back