• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blow or Bring in air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xerka

Registered
I am going to soon install my radiator with my 120mm fan at the bottom front of my case. I was wondering should I have air being sucked in from the outside with the fan on the outside or should i have the fan in inside of the case on the back of the radiator blowing air out. Or if you have any other suggestions please respond. Thanks

You are defeating the object of water cooling, why would you use water cooling to remove the heat from your cpu only to dump all that heat from the radiator right back into the case !!!

Push air through the radiator and out of the case, sucking air through is not as efficient. If you mount it at the bottom then you will be fighting convection (hot air rises). If you can, mount the radiator at the top and blow air out through the radiator, blow cool air in from outside at the bottom front.

Back