• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOINC - 10 active with over 100K!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Quote:

Some of you may have farms running whatever it takes, but I have to support a family and have to take into account expenses like a powerbill amoungst others. I am not any less enthousiastic or driven then any top-10 cruncher and I'm proud I can run a Pentium-M 1.6 laptop 24/7 (only a 65Watt adaptor) and the main rig in my sig is often left on overnight. Together they are nearing 40,000 credits...

Have to agree with Dk there, personaly I have a farm but the majority of the team are running with just a machine or two. Without the smaller crunchers though we would never be anywhere close to the standings we are though. So crunch on and know that your efforts are appreciated!!! :thup:

Lancelot said:
Some of you may have farms running whatever it takes, but I have to support a family and have to take into account expenses like a powerbill amoungst others. I am not any less enthousiastic or driven then any top-10 cruncher and I'm proud I can run a Pentium-M 1.6 laptop 24/7 (only a 65Watt adaptor) and the main rig in my sig is often left on overnight. Together they are nearing 40,000 credits...
Numbers are impressive, but without dedication it's all meaningless. 👍

My first cruncher was a lone Celeron 466MHz system that I used for my first 2 years of SETI. It didn't gain me tons of credit or uber high ranks, but that didn't really matter. I was helping out one of the best teams out there, and even without dozens of crunchers it was still great fun. And of course, having fun is the most important thing here :D

Congrats on 40K BTW, and I hope to see you hit the 50K mark soon! :)
JigPu

Back