• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10 billionaire, freshly minted.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We have a new 10 billionaire and a new 100 millionaire this week. We'll get to that soon.

First, no surprise here, we are #8 in the world. Hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA are all still in our sites. We are trending up. I strong upward trend. Hardware.no is has a very nice upward trend themselves which appears to be close to matching our trend line or a little less maybe. NVIDIA is trending slightly downward but they have a recent grouping of stats that could bring their trend line even or upward. They still may have teeth in 'em. EVGA is still very strong and they have a trend line that looks to be stronger than ours. If we are going to overtake them, we will have to put forth more efffort.

Trend lines are nice and all but a team can trend up and not produce enough to overtake other teams. So lets take a look at average ppd and get a snapshot of actual production.

overclockers.com = 703.1 million ppd (points per day)
Hardware.no = 445.3 million ppd
NVIDIA Corp = 67.5 million ppd
EVGA = 529.4 million ppd

Looking at the numbers above, you can see that despite andy trend lines going up or down, we are out producing our sister team (hardware.no) and cousin teams (NVIDIA and EVGA). Now, if EVGA continues to maintain their current growth, they will out produce us but we have a cushion of about 180 million ppd. Maybe they can do it and maybe they can't. We'll have to keep watch and see.

Teammates in the world top 100:
@WhitehawkEQ is #31
@HayesK is #38 & 40
@Holdolin is #67
@dfonda is #79
@torin3 is #85 and back in the mix. WOOT!

As a team, as mentioned above, we are earning 703 million ppd. That's awesome! We have a new member of the team, DeputyKovacs. :Welcome: A fan of the Grand Budapest Hotel? No matter. We're happy to have you on the team. We are up by 5 returning folders to 48 active folders in total. Still a small number but we are doing bettter. Average ppd for the team/members is 14.6 million.

Top 23 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 11 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 60 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 160 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 255 million ppd. Wow! Just wow.

So @Holdolin is our current #1 points earner. Leaving the rest of us to wonder if @HayesK would respond. HayesK always responds. It's been a few week but it looks like HayesK is starting a push to regain the #1 spot. Yesterday he earned almost 192 million. Is he making a push to the top? If he is, will he overtake Holdolin? :popcorn: :beer: Looking forward to this playing out. I need to let my nails grow out so I can bite them. The suspense is killing me. Well, that and a poor diet with a lack of evercise is killing me.

@harlam357 has earned his FIRST 10 BILLION! WOOT WOOT!!!!!
thor17usa has earned his first 100 million! WOOT!!!!!

moz_21 has earned 30 million.
DeputyKovacs has earned 20 million.
@Evelynn = Reverie8086 has earned 20 million.

Congratulations to everyone who has hit a personal goal of any kind not just what's been highlighted. If you set the goal and reached that goal, we are happy along with you. Keep it up.

Okay guys. For those who celebrate, we are in the last day of Hanukkah. Happy Hanukkah to you. Christmas is here in just over a week and any other holiday around this time of year we wish you the best. I'm not up on these things so an omission is not an exclusion. If you celebrate it, then we wish you the best one ever. get together with family and friends. Drink, eat, watch sports or movies and have fun. Leave politics at the door for the day and enjoy each other.

When asking for gifts, ask for more folding power. (Just a thought.) If you got gifts like socks or blenders, take them back and get 4090's. ;) Just kidding here or am ...... No no. Just kidding. Be happy and be well.

Until next time:
Build, Borg, Recruit.

So @Holdolin is our current #1 points earner. Leaving the rest of us to wonder if @HayesK would respond. HayesK always responds. It's been a few week but it looks like HayesK is starting a push to regain the #1 spot. Yesterday he earned almost 192 million. Is he making a push to the top? If he is, will he overtake Holdolin? :popcorn: :beer: Looking forward to this playing out. I need to let my nails grow out so I can bite them. The suspense is killing me. Well, that and a poor diet with a lack of evercise is killing me.

@harlam357 has earned his FIRST 10 BILLION! WOOT WOOT!!!!!
thor17usa has earned his first 100 million! WOOT!!!!!
Firstly, congratz on the 'stones mates. Amazing work. As for challenging me? I was talking to my wife about this thread on our way to pick up our daughter for her college break and she agrees with and supports my attitude: COME AT ME BRO. My feelings are exactly this: each and every WU done trying to rise to my level is an extra WU done for the cause. While we fire our weapons non-stop, destroying countless WU's, we do it for good. While this battle rages, we draw closer to answers. Answers for those we have lost. Answers for those we might save. I do what I do because I believe in it, and that if that motivates others to 'up their game', even better.

We are still friends though right? ;)
Post magically merged:

One of my main folding rigs was down most if not all of last night. It's back up now though. Gotta keep the pressure on the other teams.

I need to look at who's producing at my level. Look to see who will hit their (local) milestone and then see how if fits to my next milestone. From there, it's challenge time. See who can hit thier goal first. Note to self: I always loose these. I believe @WhitehawkEQ was the result of one of these challenges. Now he's over 60 million ppd and I'm bringing up the rear trying to keep 20 million. Both good numbers but one is clearly better than the other.

Looks like harlam357 is almost point fer point my equal. We do have a similar time to reach our next milestone which for both of us is 20 billion. However, I have 1.2 years to his 1.3 years so.... not a perfect candidate for a short race. See us in about a year and we'll see what can be done. :p

Last edited:
Back