• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Borgix ISO is 99% done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
Warg was trimming unneeded packages last night. The ISO packed into 880-some mbs the first time... and he wants it under 700 for CD's... So he was trimming extras last night (like if there was more than 1 of something, like multiple e-mail clients, multiple browsers, etc)....

it would be great if you could have it up before I finish spring break this week. That way I could download in less than a week

More than one e-mail client?

Cut them ALL !

That is why there is Yahoo & others.

Just the basic stuff.

A word pad type editor, web browser, photo editor maybe.

-A slimed down, bare boned, :D , Folding version. :thup:

:attn:

EDIT: BTW, I'd like a copy too. :)

Last edited:
Captain Newbie said:
I'd like to see everything unessential removed...everything else can be gotten using <insert package manager here>.
I'm assuming you mean a half-decent package manager? :p (basically, anything except RPM)

i cant believe I used the "Install Wizard" windows is soooo built onto me :(

just trying to add what I have to the conversation:
I got nothin'

Captain Newbie said:
(The term package manager, to me, materially implies something that can resolve dependencies properly. So that necessarily excludes rpm. :) )
Right, just checking. :D We are all set then.

Woot! well count me in (if you dont mind) i dont know too terribly much about linux/unix for that matter but i have dabbled around in it and have read some books and used fedora core 4 (i didnt care for it very much) but hell id love to try this out

If it'll be a live cd possibly, that would really kick some booty.

:)

Although, an air cooled machine is bad enuff, I guess I'd have to install
it to the hdd for sound reduction.

I'm up for learn`n sumptin new.

guys...on the package managers. Being built on clusterknoppix, it of course uses apt.

Warg built a GUI front-end for a .rpm to .deb converter, and also a gui Binary Installer (works great!).

talkin' with warg right now... there is an issue with KDE on the final ISO he is trying to work out. It is loading up with the 'default' kde and not the one he worked so hard on remastering.

Back