• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brainstorming third build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hey guys,

Wanting to try a mini-itx build. Both of my previous builds have been ATX. I just use one PCI-e slot for my GPU. And that's it... I just want some KILLER performance with a smaller foot print. Are there any performance hits with a smaller build? What do you think of this setup? - Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    100 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.png
    2.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 36
No performance hit with mini-ITX per se as long as the case chosen permits good CPU cooling and good ventilation. Looks like solid choices with possible exception of the CPU cooler if you plan on overclocking the CPU heavily.

You don't need a 750 watt PSU if you are only using one video card. A good 500 watt name brand PSU would be plenty. I would also look at adding some more storage. Either a larger SSD or the addition of a spinner hard drive.

+1 to above.

To add to that, be sure that CPU cooler fits inside that case in the first place. I am pretty sure that cooler is 160mm and the case only accepts 160mm....

Back