• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Britain Overclocks XP Cheaper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingaaar

Yes, Unlike You nice americans who like things BIG, POWERFULL and EXPENSIVE. We British are Quiet, Polite, and skint due to the lack of any industrial advances (and therefore, interesting employment) in the past 30 years (anyone remeber anything?).

So what am I on about?

Ok, XP 1800 now running at 1.78Ghz 49C Full Load using stock cooler and two case fans.... Its been running at 65C for toooooo long Man.

Yes, We Britsh are the best :p

Or am I not the first person to do this? In which case I will go and crawl back into my bunker.

You see the problem was this, not the amount of case fans (I had seven at one point) and not the type of heatsink (I had a tak68 from global win but it didnt even touch it.) Its where you put them fans that matters!

Oh, and tidy cables helps loads and loads, but I didnt think it was that important, obviously I was wrong again.

Cheers, and finally, now I am happy the missus can have this machine....

How much are them Xp2800+'s

:eek:

Ging

Last edited:
Folding Protiens

Yeah!

Errmmm.....

Folding of Protiens.....

Excuse me but unlike Seti I couldnt get this protien folding to work on mine.

Is it a screensaver like SETI?

Whatever it is I downloaded loads of stuff but unfortunatly its too damned complicated for me to set up .

Where can I get a for begginers guide?

Cheers,

Ging

OOO YEAH!

Robin Hood said:
Gingaaar - was there a question in there somewhere?

Nope, no question this time, apart from.... why do / did my old 1600XP overclock better?

I purchased this 1800+ (my 1600 died when the heatsink fell off one happy day and took my motherboard with it.) because I was told that their was a fault with the design of the 1600.

Nope there was no question, just blowing my own trumpet as usual.

:D

Re: OOO YEAH!

gingaaar said:
because I was told that their was a fault with the design of the 1600.

Well I have never heard of any faults in the 1600. Most people find the 1600+ to be a much better overlocker than the 1800+. I myself "downgraded" from an 1800+ to a 1600+ to do my overlocking.

hahaha, i like u avatar:) pretty cool cat, but not so cool to the poor thing that he is holding...

anyway, i had my xp1600 @ 1.9g, 1.825v.. 1.8g @ default volt, but since my chip is no longer unlocked, i have to run it @ 1.83g.. :rolleyes:

i hate you and i think your gonna die for you remarks.........

joke (ps. moderators that means im kidding)

YUGOSLAVIANS OVERCLOCK THE BEST ROFL

no seriously north america ownz europe man!

Everybody chill, jeeze...

No more replies, let's just let this thread die.

It is not a shining moment for the overclockers' forums.

Back