• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build log] NZXT Switch 810 "WHITE WIDOW"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I won't say for sure that intake is bad. Hopefully it's not too tough to flip the fans around once everything is installed?

Well, I won't say for sure that intake is bad. Hopefully it's not too tough to flip the fans around once everything is installed?

Won't be with my gf helping support some stuff...hahah 4 hands are better than 2....just got to give her some simple direction lol.

Yeah, I was just going off some suggestions from people on OCN with the same case that got good results like this. Hmm...now you guys got me thinking....

Well, if anything is going to change..the time is now!

Just because you get good results, doesn't mean you can't get better!

I would say it's usually a good rule of thumb :thup: to go with the laws of nature and not against them.

Just because you get good results, doesn't mean you can't get better!

I would say it's usually a good rule of thumb :thup: to go with the laws of nature and not against them.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Some Switch 810 owners have tried both ways and with the top fans in intake they say 3-4C drop in CPU temps and 3-4C rise in motherboard temps. I'm not too worried.

More progress took place this evening...

Got the Swiftech Universal GPU block in

Stock cooler removed from the GTX 670

Kepler all shiny!

Completed Loop - Pre-filling

Filled Loop

Quick Video of pump....

Question - I have been tilting the case around trying to get the air out. Should I just let the pump run and let it work itself out?

Swiftech MCP-35x in action

Question - I have been tilting the case around trying to get the air out. Should I just let the pump run and let it work itself out?
The water level looks low from your video. It's going to be hard to work out because there's so much turbulence in the res. Keep filling!

The water level looks low from your video. It's going to be hard to work out because there's so much turbulence in the res. Keep filling!

Yep, figured that out...loop is full now!

Just booted up! Initial observations show 10C drop in idle temps on GTX 670 from stock cooler!

Here are some pics since the computer has been up and running for 36 hours straight. Temps are excellent, I do not go higher than 35C on the GTX 670 in BF3 averaging 77 FPS in Ultra on Caspian Border. I am still waiting on my new RAM and lighting to come in.

so how did you find the difficulty of setting up your first loop? you did quite the professional job, if you ask me...

so how did you find the difficulty of setting up your first loop? you did quite the professional job, if you ask me...

I'll admit I get a little frustrated at certain points during the build. I was able to take my time though. I did about 2-3 weeks of research before ordering anything. Once I understand the parts, how they worked, etc...it was easy to put the build together. I decided to go with a good case for WC to make the 1st build easy with minimal modding. I think I drilling 4 holes in the case, so that was my "modding".:D

yeah i was curious because i am also looking to watercool my next build. What did you drill the holes for? (my guess is the res mount)... what was it that you found frustrating?

That is one gorgeous build right there. Great, great work for your first loop.

Something tells me this isn't going to be the last amazing build out of stainlineho... :D.

Nice setup I like the color of the tube but also the MB :) very nice

How did you attach the res + pump ? Could you make a close up picture of it ?

Great job Stainlineho! :thup:

very nice stainlineho, looks good, i hope mine will be as good put together as yours. Can you post up a pic of what the front of you case looks like? I noticed you moved your DVD drive down one slot (or so it looks like from the pics), and if you do then you have to have your dvd drive flush with the front of the case, instead of the recessed insert where you can use the dvd cover. << sorry if that didnt make sense.

I am trying to mod/fabricate something that will let me recess the DVD drive in the second or third bay and utilize the dvd cover for the front of the case.

very nice stainlineho, looks good, i hope mine will be as good put together as yours. Can you post up a pic of what the front of you case looks like? I noticed you moved your DVD drive down one slot (or so it looks like from the pics), and if you do then you have to have your dvd drive flush with the front of the case, instead of the recessed insert where you can use the dvd cover. << sorry if that didnt make sense.

I am trying to mod/fabricate something that will let me recess the DVD drive in the second or third bay and utilize the dvd cover for the front of the case.

Thanks man! Hey, I did move the drive bay down. I had to drill 2 holes, that should be mentioned somewhere in my log. I will get a front pic when I get home from work today. The front panel looks the same, just with the DVD bay down a slot. Funny thing is, the DVD drive is the only part I forgot to hook up lol, I will do it when I install the lighting and new RAM.

That's exactly how I was hoping this would turn out. Nice work!

Thanks! I'm very happy how everything turned out as well. My parents came over for dinner last night and my Dad was like "what the hell are all those tubes in your computer??":D:clap:

Back