• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building My system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kirok

I am looking to build my own computer i am looking for recomandations for brand and chipset. I want to use ddr ram and the xp processor. thank you for taking your time.

parts

CPU- Athlon XP (Palomino) 1700+ or better, Athlon XP (Thouroughbred) if you can wait another month

Chipset- Via KT266a, KT400 if you can wait a month or three. Kr7a and Ak35GTR have some nice features for OC'ing and RAID

DDR- Kingmax or Corasir PC2700

PSU- Antec, Enermax, or Sparkle... minimum of 400 watts. Don't skimp on power!

I was just wondering does the lack of response mean that everyone agrees or just that noone cares.

Arkaine23's advise is pretty decent. For a budget setup, the XP 1700+ with a Shuttle AK31 is a nice setup. I had one for a while running an XP 1800+ @ 1725 MHz totally stable with Crucial DDR at 2-2-2. But Crucial is very overpriced right now and I have a cheap stick of generic PC2100 Micron running at 170 MHz in another rig. IMO there's no reason to go for the exta $ for a RAID board, but that's just my opinion. Plus, I've never been an Abit fan.

CPU: XP1600 or better

Chipset: AMD 761

Board: Epox 8K7A

DDR: Crucial PC2100

PSU: Antec atleast 350W

Back