• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer rumors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now get in line with the rest of us... :escape: :D
:salute:

I have no loyalty. Whoever gives me the scratch I need gets my dollar, but, I like AMD better and I still hold a little spite for Intel over a business move they made years ago. This is from the guy who has spent the last few days encoding on a couple of intel rigs.

My daily drivers are AMD but purpose built machines can be which ever brand meets my needs in a given price range.

I think I'll bypass AM3+ and will now look at C32 or G34.

AMD better make FX available to C32 and also a much improved chipset for C32. Otherwise, everyone might be looking to spintel.

3 of my 7 systems (including 2 laptops) are intel. I like AMD but am losing respect lately. I am forced to upgrade this month and find myself teetering and facing new hardware from both camps. She loves me, she loves me not...

Very big mistake on AMD's part IMO. Sure there's some hardcore AMD guys that will never buy intel, but bulldozer will now only be released too close to Ivy bridge 2011.....which will most likely have 8 true cores/16 threads and pound bulldozer's 4 ''modules'' :rolleyes: to dust.

Ivy Bridge isn't due til first half of 2012. BD should have plenty of time to shine.

3 of my 7 systems (including 2 laptops) are intel. I like AMD but am losing respect lately. I am forced to upgrade this month and find myself teetering and facing new hardware from both camps. She loves me, she loves me not...

... Did you just put "I have...7 systems.." and "being forced to upgrade" in the same sentence? :screwy:

... Did you just put "I have...7 systems.." and "being forced to upgrade" in the same sentence? :screwy:

htpc.png

videosetup.png

Yeah I need an upgrade too. Either an i7 or an AMD X6 for my server.

They might be old?

I suppose that could be true, but I don't consider old(er) machines in my "rig count." If you ask me, I have two: Phenom II daily driver and a SB bencher, but I also have multiple running OEM machines and most are old. :shrug:

htpc.png

videosetup.png

Yeah I need an upgrade too. Either an i7 or an AMD X6 for my server.

Lol, you have a lot of electronics going on in the house. All I can really respond with is... :thup:

Well, guys, the way it is... the 2 rigs in my sig are going to 2 of my daughters. One is 18 and needs a good system that will game; she plays Batman Arkam Aylum, Fallout3, lots of Steam games and is going to college. The other daughter is going back to school and has 2 sons that play xbox and love games. They also need a good desktop for school and fun. The 2 rigs in sig are basically clones and have full complement of games, apps, etc. and they are going to the daughters/grandsons. The 3rd daughter is already setup. I'm left with a Core 2 [email protected] for web/software development/drive cloning, a Pentium system I'm giving to an ex, an Athlon for grins, and 2 laptops that do much traveling and both need replacing. Plus a Linux system and enough parts to make a spare system or two if needed. So yes I do need a new system:santa: and I should do it this month. I'm a geek bachelor and am surrounded by computers, robotics, electronics, and flesh eating beetles.:rofl:

Well, guys, the way it is... the 2 rigs in my sig are going to 2 of my daughters. One is 18 and needs a good system that will game; she plays Batman Arkam Aylum, Fallout3, lots of Steam games and is going to college. The other daughter is going back to school and has 2 sons that play xbox and love games. They also need a good desktop for school and fun. The 2 rigs in sig are basically clones and have full complement of games, apps, etc. and they are going to the daughters/grandsons. The 3rd daughter is already setup. I'm left with a Core 2 [email protected] for web/software development/drive cloning, a Pentium system I'm giving to an ex, an Athlon for grins, and 2 laptops that do much traveling and both need replacing. Plus a Linux system and enough parts to make a spare system or two if needed. So yes I do need a new system:santa: and I should do it this month. I'm a geek bachelor and am surrounded by computers, robotics, electronics, and flesh eating beetles.:rofl:

Are we related?

Psshshh pushing your article views up by linking us this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back