• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think that we are still #8 in the world. Let's see. Yep. We are. WOOT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We have an 8 billion and 2 billion to congratulate too. Lots of WOOTs to go so lets get started.

Last week we promoted ourselves to being the #8 team in the world. That's a big deal. There are 2,968 active teams as listed in EOC. More that are no longer active. Among all of them, we are the 8th best team. The only other time I've made it to 8th place is when I competed with 7 other people. Yeah. Think about that for a moment. Nope. Not that. Think about us being #8 not me. Collectively, WE have become the 8th best team in the whole of the world. 8th!

EPFL is coming back in thier hunt to take our spot but presently they will have to wait 1.3 years. It looks like they have gained thier production back. When their ave evens out, it will be quicker but they have not been steady so it's difficult to predict when or even if they will pass us. Hang in and keep on eye on it. Hardware.no will cede their spot to us in about 4.9 months. NVIDIA in about 2.1 years and EVGA in about 8.5 years. EPFL is still trending down, sharply. Hardware.no is also trending sharply downward. NVIDIA is trending upward which will make it tougher for us to advance against them but we are gaining on them at a rate of about 265 million ppd. EVGA is trending down sharply however, they have a nice upward spike showing which could be a new push on their part. As for us? Team 32? We are trending slightly up. We are almost flat but we are actually slightly up. Last week we were trending down so we are doing good things well into the Spring months.

Top 100 in the world:
32 = Hayesk_ALL
36 = WhitehawkEQ
74 = torin3
87 = dfonda
94 = Holdolin

HayesK_GRC is fast moving to the top 100 and is currently @ #121.

Team stats could be better. We are down to 39 active folders. Strong folders to be sure but only 39. Our ave ppd is 13million per user.
Top 22 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 10 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 120 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 130 million ppd.

We don't have many but we do have a large % earning big numbers. Great job!

Individual milestones:
don256us has just earned 8 billion! WOOT!
DarkWarrior just earned 2 billion! WOOT!
Mike has just earned 30 million.
Ave_Regina just earned 7 million.

Congratulations to you all for the goals you have achieved.

In the US, we have a drinking holiday. First one of the warm weather season up north. Do NOT... Do not drink and drive. Don't do it. If pot is legal in your area (and even if it isn't) do NOT partake and drive. In fact, just drive sober. Period. As you drive around from here to there, be careful for those who may be drinking and driving and just be safe. Working for a local government, I assure you that police ARE working this holiday with overtime paid for in part by the State. They will be out and looking for those who need looking at. Drive smart and be well.

If you are celebrating, have fun. Don't talk about your favorite political stance. Instead wow your friends and family with stories of Folding@Home. People love that ****. Win women and/or men with tales of GPUs vs CPUs. Tell them about how you are curing illnesses by putting your computer skills to use. Now that's a story everyone wants to hear.

Speaking of GPU vs CPU, we currently have a discussion. We all agree that GPU folding is better but the question is: Does folding with your CPU hamper your production from your GPU? Is one CPU core per GPU enough to keep full production? Do you need 2 cores per GPU? Should you turn off CPU folding to get the most of your GPU(s)? These are the things we are currently talking about and we want to know what you know. Post below.

1 of my folders is a FX8350 CPU, GA-990FXA-UD5 rev 3.0 and RTX 2080 Super, if I look at the CPU usage in Task Manager or HWMon that 4 of the 8 CPU cores are running at about 30-40% and the other 4 at 5-10% adv with peaks almost 50%.
I'm not running a CPU slot in the client, just 1 GPU slot.

cpugpu.jpg

Last edited:
If you are celebrating, have fun. Don't talk about your favorite political stance. Instead wow your friends and family with stories of Folding@Home. People love that ****. Win women and/or men with tales of GPUs vs CPUs. Tell them about how you are curing illnesses by putting your computer skills to use. Now that's a story everyone wants to hear.
So you're saying I should wow the ladies with how large my...GPU stack is? :escape:

Anyway, gratz on the 'stones folks. 'Specially during the time of year when many have reduced or shut down altogether.

Last edited:
Back