• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can a MAC fan be added to a HP ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PG~LID

Registered
I have a extra Mac os/8 sitting around and am wondering if I can add the fan from it to my HP pc to add extra cooling?

Sure, no problem. What's the extra mac you have?

Also, if it's an older Mac, you might want to consider that the fan will have a lot of hours on it and might not be up to the task of cooling a modern computer.

the mac that i have is a os/800 i think it is about 3 years old and i am not using it anymore so i figured i would yank some of the usefull parts out of it and see what i can do about possibly cooling my system a little more before i start overclocking it....i am just starting out with overclocking so i am not gonna do any major changes as of yet but any info on the fan hook-ups would be great....as in where should i put it in my HP and where should i do the connections of the wires(can i just jump them into my existing fan wires) or do i have to get any special hook ups

Yeh you can, but id really get new fans, I have got loads of old macs but 3 fans I yanked out of them have given up today.

Back