• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone help me out with these settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem1x1

I am including some of my AGP settings here as well, but mostly the mem stuff from the BIOS:
SDRAM ECC SETTING ?
SUPER BYPASS MODE ?
SDRAM PH LIMIT ?
SDRAM IDLE LIMIT ?
SDRAM TRC TIMING VALUE ?
SDRAM TRP TIMING VALUE ?
SDRAM TRAS TIMING VALUE ?
SDRAM CAS LATENCY ?
SDRAM TRCD TIMING VALUE ?

AGP STUFF------------------------
AGP APERTURE SIZE ?
AGP ISA ALIASING ?
AGP SECONDARY LAT TIMER ?
AGP FAST WRITE ?
AGP DATA TRANSFER MODE ?
AGP ALWAYS COMPENSATE ?
-----------------------------------------------
I have an epox 8k7a, with a 256mb stick of ddr/ 2 40gig HDD running in raid 0/ Visiontek GF3/
I am looking for the settings that will allow the highest FSB. Right now I can reach either 146x11.5 or 140x12, but the cpu will boot higher. I just need better Bios settings.
Thanks in advance!

• SDRAM ECC SETTING - Disabled
  • SUPER BYPASS MODE - Enabled
  • SDRAM PH LIMIT - 8 Cycle
  • SDRAM IDLE LIMIT - 8 Cycle
  • SDRAM TRC TIMING VALUE - 8 Cycle
  • SDRAM TRP TIMING VALUE - 2 Cycle
  • SDRAM TRAS TIMING VALUE - 6 Cycle
  • SDRAM CAS LATENCY - 2 Cycle
  • SDRAM TRCD TIMING VALUE - 2 Cycle
  • AGP APERTURE SIZE - 64MB
  • AGP ISA ALIASING - Unknown
  • AGP SECONDARY LAT TIMER - 20h
  • AGP FAST WRITE - Enabled
  • AGP DATA TRANSFER MODE - 4X
  • AGP ALWAYS COMPENSATE - Enabled

Thses settings wil allow for the highest FSDB? Or, the fastest mem? Or both? Just curious....

AFAIK, these settings should allow for the highest stable FSB. I helped a friend of mine set up his DDR board, and from what I remember...these were the settings we ended up with (although they're not the most aggressive, he was looking for the highest FSB obtainable). He's running the FSB at 171 stable with Crucial RAM...last I heard.;)

Back