• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I burn a PAL movie to an NTSC disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're talking about a DVD? It's the movie that determines the format, not the disc. All discs are the same. You can burn either PAL or NTSC movies to the discs. Just make sure your players support whatever format you want to use.

So, Let me get this right. I can burn a Region 2 PAL dvd to a blank region 1 dvdr by just simply doing the same things I would normally do with a region 1 to region 1 disk? Thanks

nope DVD-R is a non region defiend format the disc have no region on them but the Film Data will have the region implemeted on it.

You can burn a Pal DVD on too a DVD-R brought in america but the question is will this film be supported in america.

no it won't beacuse it will still contain the DVD Region Data.

There are plenty of tools that strip the region data out, I use AnyDVD. I don't think slysoft is developing it anymore but it works great. Even gets rid of those lame *** no skip adverts, and it automatically keeps a db of css keys. I think Pal dvds are encoded at a different framerate though which might cause problems. They're both MPEG2 so perhaps it doesn't matter much.

It's not just the region code, PAL and NTSC are different resolutions and framerates as well.

It would ultimately come down to the DVD player. Some DVD players will play back a PAL disc and output an NTSC signal, some won't. Some TVs can also accept a PAL signal, though those aren't especially common in the US.

Yea, as many have said some dvd's will play both or in some cases all region dvd's besides that somethims not all the time but your dvd player can be "unlocked" but ack on topic...

All dvd's are the same you can buy them from more or less anywhere and copy any region on them, there is software out there that will convert the movie to NTSC if thats what you want to do or just remove the region altogether i think im not sure would have to google that one up :|

Best thing to doo is use google and afterdawn ;)

Back