• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I overclock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plbowler

My Celeron 366 (a classic over-achiever I hear) Socket 370 on an GVC/BCM DR742 (which they call a IN810, I think because of the 82810 Intel chipset)

version B02

the mother board claims to run 66 (67) mhz with a MAX FSB of 100

I adjust the BIOS (AMI) but the CPU does't run faster.

any ideas?

sure you can, my previous system was exactly like yours i've done the o.c. conviniently by throttling up the fsb up to .... i don remember.but i had my 366 runnig at 450.but my BIOs ver was 3
try to upgrade your bios

You're probably trying to change the multiplier, but since the muliplier is locked at 5.5X, that won't do anything. You have to raise the FSB (or system frequency/clock). The C-300 and C-333 were easy 100 FSB overclockers. Some C366 will do 100 FSB for 550, do not all of them will and you'll probably need better cooling and a voltage increase for that to happen even if it's possible. Do you have a 75 and 83 FSB setting? If so, try 75 at first to get your feet wet, that should be an easy overclock for 413 MHz.

Correct, I was trying to change the multiplyer. how do you change teh FSB sttings, the Motherboard manufacterer claims there are jumper setting to change the FSB but the jumer (jp6) they list is not on the board, how did you increase the FSB speed?

I'm having some problems finding your motherboard. Look at this link and see if that's it.

http://www.bcmcom.com/tech/IN810/IN810.htm

If so, then you only have two choices, 66 and 100 FSB. It looks like voltage is all automatic too. Anyway, you'll need to locate the JP6 jumpers on the motherboard. They might be sort of hiding in a far corner or something, but they should be there somewhere. Should be a series of 8 pins with two jumpers on 1-2 and 3-4 (which gives you 66 FSB. Removing the JP6 1-2 jumper should give you 100 FSB.

Ok, I just looked at the manual and can't find any JP6 jumpers in the mobo diagram nor do they mention this anywhere in the instructions. Either this is not the correct mobo manual or you have an early version that does not support 100 FSB. Sorry, but you might be out of luck. Even if you could change it to 100 FSB, there was still a good chance that it would be too much of an overclock for your system to handle.

batboy.
thats the MOTHERboard, it a mother alright.

theres no jumper 6, its a bad joke. Imay just drop $25 for a PIII 500, eventually I need a new Motherboard, I'm sure along with a lack of Jumper 6, you noticed a lack of AGP support.

oh well

I guess you can't edit your own posts. anyway, I don't have a floppy drive installed (why would anyone anymore?!?) can I flash a new BIOS version or do I need to dig that floppy drive out of storage and reinstall it?

You might be able to burn the BIOS flash to a bootable CD, but the floppy is probably easier. If that motherboard don't support 100 FSB, then buying a P-III 500 won't do you any good.

the Motherboard clearly states that it supports 66/100 FSB. i think (THINK) it may automatically detect the FSB setting of hte CPU (which may prevent me from overclocking).

Afshin_BMW: did you have the same MOTHER of a motherboard, or just the same CPU?

Back