• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Candian clans, Lan parties and tournaments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I have been looking for some gamers in Canada...especially in Ottawa for lan parties. I have yet to find anybody seriously interested in a lan event. If you have links to Canadian forums that discuss games..or know peeps hosting lan parties..or Candian clans for any games..please post them.

Maybe ..just maybe, we could bug some of the local computer shops to host a lan event...even better would be a computer event where the shops who are hosting can display their toys and also have a seperate room for gamers to "Fragfest".
This my dream.

That would be cool, except I live nearer to Toronto than Ottawa. Even just a Canadian forum get together with gaming on the side would be sweet.

-DarkArctic

I would love to go to a lan in Ottawa but the only prob is i would have to say. ("MOM!!!!! Can i go to Ottawa for a lan party and can you drive me there, you can wait in the car it wont be that long")

Hey Athlonman, where do you live? My clan is planning a larger scaled LAN for sometime this summer, we're just looking for a place to hold it where we can actually get a decent internet connect (just in case), and somewhere that'll let us have the place for 3 days straight. (kinda an building security issue for the owners).

Im a huge gamer.. Do lans all the time.. WAHOO THEY RULE.. anyways.. i live near niagra falls 20min from it.. TO bad i would be there the 1st second you gues..

OmG hey athlon man .. sup bud.. tech is borring eh.. i swear we should lan a game in the middle of Mr.P's class sometime.

To bad its in ottawa.. who cares Canada rules :)

Lord_Zoltan said:
Im a huge gamer.. Do lans all the time.. WAHOO THEY RULE.. anyways.. i live near niagra falls 20min from it.. TO bad i would be there the 1st second you gues..

OmG hey athlon man .. sup bud.. tech is borring eh.. i swear we should lan a game in the middle of Mr.P's class sometime.

To bad its in ottawa.. who cares Canada rules :)

yeah i agree tech is dumb anf lan sounds like fun to bad for the 8 mb cards lol

Puer Aeternus said:
woa woa woa, you Lads are in Ottawa? Or there is a Lan event in Ottawa.....fill me in here, I did not get the gist of your post.

Sorry about that. Me and lord_Zoltan live near niagra falls close to buffalo and we are both in a tech class together.

Lucky Duck, just Curious, watcha plan on playing?
I have my friends come over to my house to play...both computers are great rigs for gaming , it can be a blast.

(btw ONI, Be nice to Gummi Bears...:p )

There's gunna be about 7 or 8 of us. We're pro'lly gunna be playing Quake 3 A/TA or Counterstrike (1.0.0.4) mostly, but I've got Starcraft/Broodwar, UT, Diablo II LOD and RtCW installed, and I've got Jedi Knight II and Quake 1 TF on standby. ^_^

It's gunna be a blast!

Ok, what's the closest town that's pretty much central to all where everyone lives? I'm in Montreal, takes about 45 mins to hit the Ontario border. But, if we actually get something going, I'm probably bringing at least 4 people with me. So that's 5 right there. We're also pretty much into anything, Q3, Q2, Unreal, Diablo 1 & 2, Global Operations, Counter-Strike, Star Craft, pretty much anything. Lemme know if you guys want to try to get something going.

I live closer to toronto as well Darkarctic. My friends and i have had small lan parties, consisting of three people, and that is great. we play c&c renegade, quake three, urban terror quake 3 and now dungeon siege. I hope iu can convince more people to join from my school.

-solidsnakexix

Back