• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot change FSB on Aopen MX64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Hello everyone, trying to overclock my Slot 1 Pentium 3 600EB but to no avail and heres why.....

Link to MOBO

I am supposed to be able to select bus speeds with this board, 66-153mhz. Right now im set at 133 FSB with the ram and the chip. I can change the multiplier but it will not for some reason, let me change the FSB setting. Anyone know how to unlock this function?? Please I need the help badly!

Here is my setup...

Aopen MX64 (micro atx, VIA Apollo pro 133a) MOBO
Pentium 3 600 EB (Slot 1, 133 mhz, coppermine)
128 ram CAS 2(133 mhz)
ATI Radeon 32 DDR
SB Live! gamer
Seagate barricuda 20gig ata 66 HD
Hitachi 16x DVD (GD 5000 model)

Cmon gents, I really want to overclock this puppy higher and see what it can do! I have read people hitting 900 mhz with one, I want to hit 900 mhz, or maybe at least 750-800mhz.

Thankyou ahead of time!!!

Chasingapple

I can't fully remember but I think that the AX/MX 63/64 have a jumpered mode and a jumperless mode.

You may have to trigger into jumperless or use the jumpers to select a greater FSB.

You were right, there is a jumper on the MB to unlock FSB settings, unfortunatly for me those jumpers were removed and set for auto so im out of luck.

Thanks for the help though =)

Back