• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't receive automatic emails from server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ztdesigninc

Hi Everyone,

Basically my web domain sends out automatic emails - all the big providers get these emails yahoo, gmail, hotmail but the small mail servers like one.com don't, any thoughts? Ive added the error email below

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<Our server email address> SIZE=3924:
host mx-cluster-c2.one.com [195.47.247.197]: 550 5.1.8 <Our server email address>:
Sender address rejected: Domain not found

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <Our server email address>
Received: from Our server email address with local (Exim 4.82)
(envelope-from <Our server email address>)
id 1WUXcy-0000z5-BG
for [email protected]; Mon, 31 Mar 2014 09:31:32 +0100
To: Andrew Adcock <[email protected]>
Subject: Verify your account with Crowd for Angels
X-PHP-Script: crowdforangels.com for 80.168.134.174
Reply-To: Crowd for Angels <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:31:32 +0000
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="=_53d29acb11182a123e85a7b6e093e54b"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-Id: <Our server email address>

--=_53d29acb82a123e7b6e03e54b
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Not really an email guy but this speaks volumes to me:

Can you send something to that email/domain outside of your server?

Hey EarthDog,

Yes I can send and receive to that email from other sites without any trouble. Just about 9 weeks ago, without warning the emails just stopped arriving from that domain.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why and i have even got both server / domain providers checking it out and looking in to it - they have yet came up with a solution. I seriously think its a google error, but you have to pay to get any type of support - capitalist bums

The error is:
Code:
That typically means that the destination mail server tried to check if your domain was real, but couldn't look it up in DNS. Mail servers will typically try to get a MX record for the domain, and if that doesn't work, try an A record.

So, this means that it's either a DNS problem on your side, or a DNS problem on their side. If "<Our server email address>" is in the "crowdforangels.com" domain, then I see no problem with your DNS. If not, post or PM me the address on the error message and I can check further.

If this is isolated to one destination server/host/domain, have them see if they can resolve your domain name (MX record or A record), as their may be a problem with their DNS servers. If it is not isolated, you may want to raise the issue with your DNS provider (clara.net).

Back