• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant seem to install my printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

I have a Minolta-QMS Magicolor 2 Cx Color laser, I have ran it on an old win95 box for my mom for a while and I just got my old celeron 433 working for her with XP pro and im trying to install the printer. I am installing it via tcp/ip, it is directly connected to the comp and I have the latest winxp drivers for it.

In the add a printer wizard i choose local port, then tcp/ip i type the ip in, its 169.254.74.222 and it gives the port name IP_169.254.74.222 I keep going on I select have disk and choose the magicolor 2 drivers, and it installs and asks to print a test page. But I get no test page. When i installed the driver it said they were not digitaly signed but I clicked continue anyways. Could that be the problem or any other reasons why it may not work.

ive looked on the qms site but havent found a solution yet, their address is http://www.qms.com

Thanks

I'm kinda wondering why you're installing it via tcp/ip? If it's not going to be a network printer, it doesn't need to be installed via tcp/ip. A parallel or usb connection would be much easier to set up.

It has to be tcp ip for a few reasons.

1.) the printer has large extended memory for doing print jobs with large 30 mb files
2.) tcp\ip is faster
3.) i have a snappy video snapshot setup with 3 types of vcrs hooked up to lpt1

I can install it with lpt1 but it just wont work through tcp\ip. I have tried both straight thru cables and cross wired.

Back