• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Car CD Player in a pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

q149

I have seen a few ppl that have had car cd players in thier computers and was wondering if anyone knows where there is a guide or somethin for doing this cause i have a few extra layin around and then i could hook up a car amp, some 12's, and some 6x9's to my comp, i always wanted a car system in my house ......................... thx

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing that anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing a car audio player with a NewQ Equalizer?

Last edited:
I'd guess that it could be done, but a car stereo is wider than a drive by a bit (3/4" or so if memory serves).
Keep the speakers away from the computer, and make sure you have plenty of psu, because amplifiers are power hungry little buggers.

well my amp i would be using just for the subs is 1000w and itd take a 200w amp for the 6x9's, i wast planning on getting the poewr for the amps from my psu but now that i really think about it, i have no clue what to do and this might not even work,i would need to run them off a battery from what i know. i guess ill have to go to a car audio store and ask them how they have thier **** set up inside.
but i am sure that ive seen ppl with car decks in thier comps, not runnign car speakers and **** like this though.

good luck but...

you'll need a stiffener capacitor to run that. 1000w going into a sub will blow out any PS. unless you have a stif. cap. Then it should be no problem.

ps. i you don't know what a stif cap is ill explain. It is a large capacitor that fills up with electricity, so when the music plays, the amps come out of the cap instead of directly off the PS. If it came off the PS directly it would consume too much power at once, and anything connected to the PS would lose power momentarily, which ain't cool.

yeah, i was thinking about using a big capacitator, but do u think that i could run 1200 watts off a psu even with one

Using Car audio around a PC is a very bad idea. They aren't probably sheilded and aren't ment to be setup around equipment that is sensitive to magnetic radiation. Use a large unsheilded speaker near you PC and say goodbye to all the data on your CMOS and say hello to data corruption on all your drives (via the cables).

i was just planning on running the deck in the pc, everythign else would be away from the pc. i deffinately dont want 2 25 pound magnets pumping near my comp

I too have thought about this. if you do attempt and succesd in doing this I would like to see a guide adn pics. that would be a kick @$$ mod.

The Spyder said:
i dunno i think a normal sound system would sound about the same.........
maybe you have never heard a top of the line car audio system but a normal system cant even begin to compare. maybe the highs could with a really nice speakers, but im talking about perfect highs and bass that in a car if you talk you sound like someones beating on your chest and your talking into a fan and you can hear from over a mile away. and with a car deck the music can be adjusted perfectly and in any way, much better than winamp or anythign

adcutaly~ yes i have~ and i only say that cause i have parents above my room and my logitech Z560's are loud enought~
Infact my car system is:
Infinity Cappas 4inch x2 front
Infinity Cappas 6x9 3way x2 back
2x 12inch RF 400w subs
RF 9400s Headunit (160w total)

No sub yet~
it sux~ i need one~ :D
Spyder

q149 said:

maybe you have never heard a top of the line car audio system but a normal system cant even begin to compare. maybe the highs could with a really nice speakers, but im talking about perfect highs and bass that in a car if you talk you sound like someones beating on your chest and your talking into a fan and you can hear from over a mile away. and with a car deck the music can be adjusted perfectly and in any way, much better than winamp or anythign

AARRGHHH Bass Junky! thats not top of the line audio. i'm affraid.

quality bass imho is where you can't hear where the sub is, what frequency it crosses over, or nothing like that. "perfect" bass is where the sub is simply an extention of the sound, not thump thump thumping so hard you can feel it on your chest.

btw your car hifi speakers might sound nice in your car - but get them in a room and its a whole different ball game. believe me. i know.

hey ok since were talkin about this how do u get the car amp to run off a household power???? i knwo theres a way ive seen it doen running a car amp of ur outlet in ur room someone here ahs to know

LOL u knwo how much a hosue amp is ahhaahahahah around here ther eliek 500 bux i ahvent found a cheap house amp i can get car amps for liek 100 bux top of the line to em car amps are dirt cheap

$500? whaaa?

£180 gets a 180watts rms Marantz monoblock!

£350 gets a marantz 6x90watts rms A/V amp.

and thats brand new...where du get 500 from? lol

Back