• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Wiring Guide.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xziled

Registered
Im lookin for a pretty detailed guide on hiding your case wiring, tricks and tips. if anyone could help me out here.

Never saw a guide for this (although it's a good idea), but there really ins't that much to know. Twist ties, tubing, duct tape, etc.. They're easier to hide in larger case, for you get room behind the PSU and you can even run some usused ones behind the mobo tray.

Good luck.

ive tried twist ties and wire loom and tuckin it in diff places but it always looks like crap after :( , maybe i just suck at wiring hehe

ooh another question, what kind of wire do you recommend using if im going to put extensions on , say , my case fans. i could hide them easier if i could make em longer

so you dont recommend doing the extensions myself? also, since i have a few ( 4 ) case fans im lookin at buyin a rheobus, and since im pretty new at this kinda stuff ( just started modding ) im not really sure what im looking for. i found a rheobus i like

35rheobus_big.jpg

. goes with my blue lighted case. But , it says this : VERSION 2.0 ONLY, 13 WATTS PER SWITCH .

can anyone enlighten me on what this means? Im assuming it means that 13 watts is delivered to each fan?

Last edited:
Xziled said:
so you dont recommend doing the extensions myself?

can anyone enlighten me on what this means? Im assuming it means that 13 watts is delivered to each fan?

It's alot safer AND easier just buying the cables themselves.

The switch rating is the maxium amount of wattage each switch can safely control. Any more will cause shorting out of the rheobus, :)

the rheobus wont necessarily short out, it will just get really hot and could cause some damage. and i say get some quality heat shrink (not radioshack!!) and cover the PSU wires with that, and shove 'em behind the mobo tray, the mobo, and behind drive cages.

Xziled said:
ooh another question, what kind of wire do you recommend using if im going to put extensions on , say , my case fans. i could hide them easier if i could make em longer

I use huge spools of telephone wire :D

on my new psu this time instead of hs tubing I just painted the wires all black (left enough color so i know whats what tho) and it looks gravy :p hard to see them and stuff

good thread , this is a tough subject . I think Cable management is one of the more difficult things to do.

One trick, I recall reading was this guy turned his HDs around and he was able to hide some wires nicely like that .

good luck !

L!L M@N said:
good thread , this is a tough subject . I think Cable management is one of the more difficult things to do.

One trick, I recall reading was this guy turned his HDs around and he was able to hide some wires nicely like that .

good luck !

sounds like a good idea, but you'd have to have pretty long cables

Back