• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 950Mhz with a Slocket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Esturk17

Registered
Today I just purchased a Celeron 950 brand spankin new. I have an Abit BE6 with a Slot 1 Celly 300@450 in it. Now after a little research on the net I have discovered that the Iwill Slocket2 supports FC-PGA processors. My BE6 has maximum Multiplier of 12x and Bus Speed of up to 150 so I have no doubts that with a slocket my Celly 950 would not run in it. Also I can adjust voltage 1.30 to 2.30. I'm pretty confident it will work and I can not afford a new Socket370 mobo right now. If there is any reason this would not work please let me know. Thanks.

It should work, I had something similar:

Abit BE6
Asus Slotket 370-L Rev 1.01
Celeron 566 (66fsbx8.5multi)

Just make sure have the lastest bios updates etc.

I'll make sure I get a Cu compatible Slocket. Oh yeah I do have the latest BE6 Bios, which is why I can have such high Multiplier and Bus Speeds. BTW how high would my 950 OC to?

Total Entries in Database for Celeron II 950 - 4
Average overclocked speed - 1208 Mhz

Out of 3 results that's the average. With good cooling .. you should get there.

Don't worry it will work

Remember Motherboard merely suggest the Multiplier, but it is the CPU that Ultimately determine the Mulitplier Setting

Case in point, My ABIT BX6-Rev2 only have 9X multiplier.

However, I was still able to use Celeron 633 and 700.
Which are 9.5x multiplier and 10.5x multiplier.

Good luck

OOh it works! But I guess the celly's are still multiplier locked. Mines 9.5. I increased the bus speed to 115Mhz for 1047Mhz. Got my slocket for $10.

Esturk17 said:
OOh it works! But I guess the celly's are still multiplier locked. Mines 9.5. I increased the bus speed to 115Mhz for 1047Mhz. Got my slocket for $10.

All Intel multipliers are locked so don't bother. Have fun clocking, keep it cool, and remember to test stablity :D

Yodums

Back