• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CG Animation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

Hey all. Just posting cause I am very interested in the idea of doing something with animation for a living, like CG animation and stuff. I'm a huge fan of usually any anime (Japanese animation for those that don't know) and I'd really like to do something somehow related to that for a living. I was just wondering are there any programming languages or anything that I should start to look into? (I am a Senior in high school) Are there any good colleges you can recommend that have good courses on animation? The only college that I have applied to for this type of thing is Purdue, which does have a CG animation thing going on in their Technology section. :) I've been told there are a lot of art schools for this type of thing, but eh I don't know if I want to go to an art school specifically. I've already taken a class on C++ (Intro to C++) but this was Sophomore year... I still have the book, though and I bet if I looked at it I could remember the basics again... but really what other kinds of languages are there to learn? I know games are made with Open GL and stuff... I dunno I'm not too knowledgable in this area so I'm asking for help from you people. Thanks. :D

I hear visual basicis easy to learn. Java is a cross platform Language that can be used for animation.

you don't Need programming for animation... From what you are saying, You are More interested in CG then in programming. Therefore you should Learn 3D animation software such as 3Dmax, Maya and such... CG animation is done not by programming but by creating 3d objects using software and then animating them..

Go to art school for this.

Back