• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing Mobo, Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chado

Registered
Hey,
Im just wondering if there are any precautions in switching motherboards... Im switching from an Asus A7N266 to an Asus A7N8X-e Deluxe. Also, Im installing a new processor; an athlon 1800+ to a 2800+ barton core and also from 256 mb Ram to 512 Mb Ram. I want to keep all system settings the same though. Is there anything that I should do beforehand? Thanks

Have you installed it yet? Something that I would do is if you can still return it; take it back, and pick up an NF7-S instead or NF7 if you have a sound card. The Asus is all right for overclocking, but the NF7 has more overclocking options, and will reach a higher overclock every time. Sometimes it is substantially more, because the NF7's can hit a higher fsb (250) than the Asus which may hit 210 if you're lucky.

I would use Driver cleaner first, while the old mobo is still installed. When finished, power down install new mobo, processor, and memory. Switch on your new upgraded rig, and install the latest and greatest drivers for it.

You can usually find driver cleaner with a quick google search :D

OF course Enduro has a point, those ABIT boards are awesome, I have gotten one since my first build in my sig among other things and I love it. I have my locked 2600+ runnin at 3200+ speeds- Amd/Abit make for killer PC's :clap:

Back