• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Overclockable Amd Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gilgamesh said:

Do you really buy refurb mb's, are they worth it? any stability problem or set up problem?

Newegg warranties their's for a short period. Just get it up as soon as possible and test it. Newegg is very, very good when it comes to rma. I would buy refurb from them but probably only them.

Silver said:

Newegg warranties their's for a short period. Just get it up as soon as possible and test it. Newegg is very, very good when it comes to rma. I would buy refurb from them but probably only them.

Ditto that, my A7M is a refurb.

shuttle ak31 rev 3.1 is a killer board and retails for like 75 dollars right now. i love mine it overclocks realy well i used to push my 1.3 athlon up to 1.76

AK31 is a good board but mine took some tweaking with drivers and BIOS to get my system stable.

Right now I would say a K7S6A would be up there too....

ak 31 rev 3.1 good and cheap for $75 or if your willing to spend a little more Epox 8KHA+ is a good choise at around $110

ssjwizard said:
shuttle ak31 rev 3.1 is a killer board and retails for like 75 dollars right now. i love mine it overclocks realy well i used to push my 1.3 athlon up to 1.76

Yodums, missed this one. Hey, Welcome to the Forums.:)

hey thanks for the welcome. i notice youve got your tbird about as high as mine used to be before the artic silver mishap.

You're very, very welcome. Love the old birds but I do think it is only a matter of time now till it is the backup chip.:(

Have gotten it up as high as 1.77 for testing only as i can not control the heat for long with the present setup. Will post at 1920.

Back