• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks ekovalsky.

You know...I really like the external bracket and I actually bought and returned it. I wanted to keep things "inside" the case as much as possible that's why I sent it back.

From the pics below you can see some of the challenges I had with the rad blocking the motherboard headers. Not really a problem b/c the things that are blocked I don't need access to. The fans are 120mm x 25 mm between the grill and the rad.

I had some questions about the Aquastream/Eheim 1046 and it's ability to move enough water. Anecdotally my temps have gone down about 2c when compared to the 1048 under very similar circumstances. I'm just very surprised at the performance of the 6mm ID tubing and the small "low flow" pump. With the evo 360 I have yet to surpass 50c with the Aquastream. Looking back at my temp logs with MBM (mother board monitor) when I was running the 1048 my temps were about 2-3 higher. Again, the little pump that could is doin' it for me. :)

For my GPU loop and flow sensor I am going to use black tubing, which should look nice. Expecting the new faceplate for the Aquero, which should match the brushed Al in the Lian Li perfectly. I'm also going to do the carbon fiber mod to the drives. Should clean that area up some.

The black sleeved cables go the the two fron USB ports and the other cable links the front Fire Wire port to the mobo. The SATA cable goes to my 3rd back up HD.
v1kh20058.jpg
v1kh20057.jpg
v1kh20048.jpg

Looking good, Sho. I can't wait to see that AQ VFD up and running..You got your replacement Aquastream 12v ?? Pictures.................Dude..........
Keep up the good work.

ShoNuff said:
Thanks ekovalsky.

You know...I really like the external bracket and I actually bought and returned it. I wanted to keep things "inside" the case as much as possible that's why I sent it back.

Thanks so much for posting the pics. They explain a lot! I need to decide on whether to keep everything internal like you did, or go with the external bracket for working room inside.

I wish Lian-Li would build the cases with a couple of inches above the top (actually bottom) of the motherboard to better accomodate a radiator.

Changes, changes, changes...

Goin' to the "Dark Side" and getting rid of the P4 system. Building a screaming FX-55 Gaming Rig. Ordered the processor and PCI-X 6800U today.

In the mean time I decided to clean up my rig a little. I found a way to gain 6mm of space by removing the "tabs" on the case and trimming some of the unnecessary plastic off of the radiator fans. Now the Radiator will only block the first two PCI slots. More space = SLI Baby!!! :drool:

Here is what the case looked like before. The cuts were inconsistent and even though it was hidden under the radiator grill I knew it was there.

hardware001.jpg

After removing the tabs this is what it looks like. Much cleaner don't ya think?
hardware005.jpg

I also decided that I needed to clean up the bottom PSU section. (Selling the OCZ PSU by the way.) Now the area should look clean and make it much easier to hide the wiring.
hardware008.jpg

Over the Christmas break I will finish the window. Going to use "Modders Mesh" instead of plexi to cover the window. Need to find out where Modsquad got the bolts from to attach his window.
hardware013.jpg

Last edited:
I get all my stainless bolts from
http://www.boltdepot.com
I think you will want to go with metric (3m or 4m), as the US hexhead bolts have a edged pattern on the head of the bolt.
2bolts.jpg

Sho, I am not sure but your Aqua-Computer aquagraFX6800 h20 block may not work with a PCI-express card (I know for-sure the aquarATIx800 will not, AGP only)..You should post on the AC forum and find out!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the information on the bolts.

You were right. The Aquagrafx 6800 Rev. 2 will not work with the 6800U PCI-X.

I am going to attempt to get the one pictured below before the end of the year.

The new block is the 6800 LE
6800_LE_500.jpg

ShoNuff

Awesome job with the case. I want to do something similar (same rad/case), but before I buy a new case I have a few questions for you.

Will it be difficult to fill the Res considering it's below the Rad? When the Res is top mounted how do you get air out of the system? My current setup has the Rad at the lowest point and the Res at the highest point, so I'm concerned that changing this may cause unexpected problems.

How did you get your cuts straight? I have a dremal but it tends to wander when cutting with a disc.

Would there be room to mount the Rad in the bottom floor of the case or will it get in the way of the powersupply?

Thanks for your help IH

It was pretty easy to fill the res even though it was below the rad. Initially it was one of my concerns. When I had everything ready to go I simply filled the Aquatube (res) up and let it begin to fill the system. I had to repeat the process 3 or 4 times to get enough water in the system before I was ready to finalize things. You will not have any problems with bleeding your system with the res either above or below your rad. I think mounting your res above your rad is easier to bleed but not significantly.

I used a jigsaw to make my cuts. I drilled a hole near the line I made for a pattern and just cut. Of course you want to tape the area very well so that you don't scratch your case with the jigsaw. Using a Dremmel for a triple rad cut would take a while and a very steady hand.

Modsquad mounted his rad on the bottom. His design came out very, very nice. I would challenge you to find a better mod than this. I chose the Evo 360 b/c I had heat concerns with my P4 Extreme Edition set up. I had to run that processor at 1.75v to maintain stability at 4GHz. With the Evo 360 it rarely breached the 50c mark. Granted this was on a Abit board as well. The same setup on an Asus board would probably read at least 10c lower.

Water cooling my new setup means I will have the following in my loop: FX-55, A8N-SLI, 6800u PCI-e (one for now, two later) and the NB chip. This is why I went for the "Big Daddy" Evo 360. I said all that to say this, you could mount your rad on the bottom successfully but that would depend on what hardware you use and how you are going to run it.

Make sure you keep a log and allow us the pleasure of watching your project from beginning to end.

Attached window...

Thanks for the link Captain.

Finally got around to mounting the plexi to window. I was going to bolt it in but decided to use the 3M Clear Double Stick Tape instead. I like the way it came out. It is really on there as well.

Here you can see the tape well.
case001.jpg

Here is an angled side shot. You can't see the tape at all.
case015.jpg

that is a very impressive case!! very motivational.

as for the 90d joint instead of a 45degree - i would think a 90 degree one is going to be MORE restrictive then a 45d one.

okay since see thing i got a new years project - any chance you can list the tools you used to do this project? dont have to list types - maybe a picture layout of your tools :d so i know what i need to buy..lol short of a arc welder.

Thanks and I am glad you like the case. The tools used were not sophisticated at all. Basically I used a jigsaw, Dremmel and a drill. Well I guess you can count my credit card as a tool as well. :D The Lion was custom cut and not done by me. I would love to have those skills but, I do not.

Wait, I also used a hole saw when cutting the hole for the radiator.

If you need anything else just ask. Glad to help.

ShoNuff said:
Thanks and I am glad you like the case. The tools used were not sophisticated at all. Basically I used a jigsaw, Dremmel and a drill. Well I guess you can count my credit card as a tool as well. :D The Lion was custom cut and not done by me. I would love to have those skills but, I do not.

Wait, I also used a hole saw when cutting the hole for the radiator.

If you need anything else just ask. Glad to help.

Sweet - simple enough and shouldn't cost too much down here.

Yes, I have "a ton" of updates coming. I am stuck in a business meeting out of state ATM and will post some updates over the weekend. I added a new mobo, proc, hard drives and video cards. In addition to that I am going to mount my rad externally. I found a local guy to build a custom plexi case for my rad for cheap. :clap: Right now I have a pair of the coveted 6800u PCI-E video cards waiting for me. It just bugs me that I am here at this meeting and not at home to test my stuff. Dumb job!!! :mad: :p HA! Gotta pay for all this stuff somehow.

Lots of pics coming. Stay tuned.

Tech said:
Why are you getting rid of the OCZ PSU? Sorry if it was already asked.

It was just purely a preference for PCP&C. I bought the OCZ for my Intel rig and when I made the decision to build an AMD box I wanted to go back to my old faithful PCP&C PSU.

Back