• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm back baby!!! More stuff and more pics...

It's been a while. As stated above I went with the A8N-SLI Deluxe and have been stability testing for the past few weeks. I am happy to report that everything is running very well and the board is exceeding my expectations. The FX-55 at stock speeds feels so much faster than my 3.2 Extreme Edition running at 4GHz. I was a little leery going to the “Dark” side but, in my quest to build a “Supa Dupa” gaming rig I had to go with the best. :)

The fan noise from two 6800U's are nothing nice when you are used to a cool and quite h20 cooled rig. I finally got my copper cores in for the 6800's and the install went very smooth.

Take a peek at the final installation of one of the 6800 water blocks.
ProjLogPics001.jpg

Here is a better shot of the stock vs. copper cores. I'm looking forward to seeing how well these things perform.
feb05pics053.jpg

The install was very straight forward. Take out the two screws and push the stock core out and replace with the copper core.
feb05pics051.jpg

Gotta love the copper :clap:
feb05pics054.jpg

Finished!
feb05pics056.jpg

Cool.. Best pictures I have seen of the copper core replacement!! Very good. Your using AC fluid in the loop Sho?

Wow....that's exactly how I imagined the copper core would look inside that block....Can wait for the results.

Are those barbs on the gpu block 1/2" or 3/8" ID?

Damn SoNuff, that is one of the nicest Watercooling projects I've seen in a while!!!
PROPS TO YOU!!
Can't wait to see the final result aswell!
*subscribed*:)

Thanks guys!

ModSquad Yes I am using AC Fluid. Not finished with the rad encosure yet so my current set up is well...a little ghetto at best. Wires and tubing all over the place. The whole loop took about 490mls and I am using about 5% AC Fluid. When I install the Watercool rad I will probably use the reccomended 2% ratio.

invisible hand The ID is actually 6mm. It is small but gets the job done. German engineering at its best.

Water testing

Here are some pics testing the new parts:

Aquacompter Cuplex Pro and Twinplex for the northbridge.
h20proj014.jpg

Leaktesting the AquagraFx 6800's...
h20proj018.jpg

Chipset blocks not an easy fit...

The standard bracket for the chipset block would not fit. As you can see in the pic below it had to be cut.
feb05pics024.jpg
feb05pics019.jpg

Here is a pic fitted on the board. It is clos to the cap but not touching. :)
feb05pics0436x4.jpg

Another angle...
feb05pics0336x4.jpg

Setting up loop for flow meter

I drilled the holes for the bulkheads and I am now ready to finish the loop. The tubing is "crossed" to match the intake and exhaust ports on the flow meter.

plpics005.jpg

plpics002.jpg

plpics011.jpg

A few case mods

I've got the top measured and ready to cut. I am building a custom acrylic case for my rad. The case will hold the Watercool HTF-3 Triple Rad.
WatercoolHTF-3Triple.jpg
ProjLogPics027.jpg

The cut came out pretty nice. :)
ProjLogPics009.jpg

I took this cut out of Modsquad's book of tricks. :cool:
plpics020.jpg
plpics018.jpg

Putting everything together

Now that I have the blocks in place I thought I was going to have a little more room to run tubing to the north bridge block. :confused:

Here are a few pics. I'm going to mount the board and begin routing the tubing a little later this afternoon.

ProjLogPics023r.jpg

As you can see from the two pics below I am going to have to go over the card to get to the NB. I was hoping to come around it vs. over it. We will see how it looks when I mount the board.
ProjLogPics024r.jpg

ProjLogPics025r.jpg

gvblake22 said:
Lookin good, what RAM is that you have hiding in the back there?

The orange label is a dead giveaway. It's the OCZ Rev. 2 3200 Platinum, Samsung TCCD's. I like it b/c you can do a lot on a little bit of juice. When everything was on air I was running the ram 1:1 at 244 at 2.8v (in the bios).

The other stuff on the table are a pair of 74GB Raptors, one Hitachi 160GB SATA storage drive, a silver NEC 3500A DVD drive and a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.

ShoNuff said:
The orange label is a dead giveaway. It's the OCZ Rev. 2 3200 Platinum, Samsung TCCD's. I like it b/c you can do a lot on a little bit of juice. When everything was on air I was running the ram 1:1 at 244 at 2.8v (in the bios).

The other stuff on the table are a pair of 74GB Raptors, one Hitachi 160GB SATA storage drive, a silver NEC 3500A DVD drive and a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.
I knew it was an OCZ flavor of some kind, my first guess would have in fact been the Platinum rev.2 though;) GOOD CHOICE!
That is definately one helluva setup ya got there!!!:drool:

Got the board mounted.

Going with the black tubing. Well actually a mix. Going to keep the standard tubing below and the black tubing in the visible areas.

plpics008.jpg

plpics014.jpg

plpics016.jpg

plpics017.jpg

Man, anoter nice looking Lian-Li. Looks like im gonna have to get one lol.

That's a nice clean lookin install ya got goin there, but being a n00b to the water stuff, your layput gave me 2 questions, of which i couldnt quite figure out in your posts.

What is that white-looking box in the old HD area in your loop?

And what kind of connectors are those that allow for the pass-through in the aluminum? Do they come in just standard barbs? I'm trying to keep it simple for my first setup, and i dunno if i trust the pressure-type fittings yet. :D

Keep up the good work, nice layout for the water setup, and killer job they did on your cutout.

Back