• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazymilk

I seem to be having some problems that i think might be a result of my overclocking although i have tried going back to standard but the problem still occurs but wanted to check to see if the overclock settings i have are correct.
I keep getting split second stutters while playing games which is highly annoying and only recently started since i took my PC to pieces to add sme watercooling so i could do overclocking(which i did)
Firstly my specs
ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM BOARD
AMD FX57
2X GTX7800 IN SLI
2X 74 RAPTORS IN RAID 0
2X 1GB CORSAIR XMSPRO 3500LL
ENERMAX 600W PSU
XFI SOUND CARD

Here are my Bios settings for the overclocking:
CPU FREQ 215
MULTIPLER 14
so my cpu freq is at 3.0ghz
The above is all i changed in the bios as i am unsure about anything else.
The other settings that are relevent(i think to overclocking) are:
PCI EXPRESS CLOCK is @ 100Mhz- this goes up to 147Mhz in the options

PCI CLOCK SYNCHRONIZATION MODE is @ Auto- but i have TO CPU and 33.33Mhz as other options

HYPER TRANSPORT FREQUENCY is @ AUTO- but i have 1x 2x 3x 4x or 5x as other options

VCore VOLTAGE is @ AUTO- but checking CPUZ it runs @1.475v(I think this goes up and down accordingly)
DDDR VOLTAGE is @ AUTO

My Memory timings should be @ 2-3-2-6-1T according to the manufacturers website(again i and unsure wether i have the right settings in the right place in the Bios, could somebody clarify what number relates to which setting in the BIOS?)
i have
2=tcl
6=Tras
3=Trcd
2=Trp
11= Trc
13=Trfc
4=Trwt
3=Twr
1T

I know this is a long shot but there might be an obvious error in my settings that somebody who knows more will spot.
I have run Prime95 for 24 hrs with no probs and i can run 3dmark06 over and over with no probs, have rum memtest86 again with no probs and my temps are fine.
This is last ditch attempt really to try and fing the problem other wise i shall do a cmplete re istall of windows etc.

I am sure my prob lies in here somewhere so hope you can help.

Back