• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choice of NB cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The review I saw of the NB-1c and NB-1 showed that the NB-1was only about 1c hotter and for half the price of the C i think i'll go with it. Noise isn't a big deal for me, constant noise blocks out the noise of people, since i live in a dorm it can be pretty noisy.

I went ahead and purchased it so I didn't miss the sale.

bert202 said:
The review I saw of the NB-1c and NB-1 showed that the NB-1was only about 1c hotter and for half the price of the C i think i'll go with it. Noise isn't a big deal for me, constant noise blocks out the noise of people, since i live in a dorm it can be pretty noisy.

I went ahead and purchased it so I didn't miss the sale.

ya for 9.99 its great,i am going for silent cooling. Silent PSU,watercooling w/ dead quiet fans. sanyo denki 120's w/ rheostats. but tell me how noisy it is

ive had both. the thermalright clips are the worst thing ive ever seen.
the actual wires that hold it down are about as thick as a paper clip and bend about that easy also. the heatsink itself is nice but the way they got to hold it down is garbage.

the swiftech i am currently using and could be happier with all aspects of the heatsink. superb quality and performance.
the clear winner. if you want to save the money and go with the thermalright then just use a fan on your stock heatsink.

rhino56 said:
ive had both. the thermalright clips are the worst thing ive ever seen.
the actual wires that hold it down are about as thick as a paper clip and bend about that easy also. the heatsink itself is nice but the way they got to hold it down is garbage.

the swiftech i am currently using and could be happier with all aspects of the heatsink. superb quality and performance.
the clear winner. if you want to save the money and go with the thermalright then just use a fan on your stock heatsink.

The retention wires won't be a problem since AMD boards don't use that goofy Intel wire retention mechanism and use the push pin style instead. Also considering the more powerful fan on the NB-1 and the fact its $30 cheaper make it an easy choice for me.

Back