• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cloudy Lexan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For future reference. Don't use glue with Acrylic or Lexan/Perspex (Polycarbonate) unless you leave the static paper on. The fumes will create a film on the outer layer.

DO NOT use Super Glue. It will actually eat the plastic and the fumes will burn any exposed layers.

wildbilly2k said:
oops i used a hot glue great thing it didnt screw up my lexan in my dvd drive window.:D

Hot glue works well, but you have to be careful with it. I DO NOT recommend using it with Acrylic (because it melts easily and gives off toxic fumes). Polycarbonate on the other hand, is much more receptive to heating. Hot Glue doesn't bond well to metal though.

Thats kinda ghetto when you start taping your window on .. my dad made me take the time to go out and buy bolts and bolt it on .. the posts are around somewhere .. haha "if you wanna check mine out" :p i still might caulk around the edge to eliminate airflow between the sheet metal and lexan as to maximize my direct airflow ... OH , any reccomendations for a 5v rheostat?

Back