• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Centurion questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScottinIndy

I have been giving this case serious consideration for a new build, Question 1. Can a 120mm fan be modded onto the front? Next question, How much if any would adding a blowhole in the top help in regard to cooling? I have access to hole saw bits so I can go anywhere from 80mm-120mm in regard to the size of the blowhole. It is a nice looking case and seems to get good reviews and any money I save when purchasing a new case can go towards other upgrades in a new system.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

1 - I don't think so but you should be able to ghetto mount a couple 120mm in the empty drive bays since its mesh. Keep in mind that they will be significantly restricted but its still airflow.

2- A blowhole will always help.

That case is NICE. I was considering buying one to mod but decided against it.

For the price it seems like a very nice case, I have a dremmel so I was hoping to do a little cutting and add a nexus 120mm in the front. It's amazing how hard it has been to make up my mind in regard to which case to get for my first build. I have been all over the place, p-180, Tsunami, Lian Li, Finally I just figured I need to make up my mind because I keep adding extra money to the project and the wife is going to eventually shoot me! Bottom line, I figued if I was going to try and cut corners anywhere I would rather do it with the case than the PSU, Processor or any of the true performance related items.

Back