• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD MP connectivity lameness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YellowDart

K... so I'm getting mighty irritated here. After about 3 months of owning COD, I decide to check out the multiplayer component. I go to do so, and every time I attempt to connect, I get stuck at a screen saying "Attempting connection... (counter) Authiorizing CD Key." I'll sit there and let the counter go... I usually lose my patience after about 20-30 seconds, cause it's damn annoying that I can't connect to their stupid authentication server. Any ideas why I can't connect?

FYI -- I HAVE set up port forwarding on my router to forward the COD default port (28960) on both TCP and UDP protocols to my ip. I've also disabled my software firewall and the Windows XP SP2 firewall.

I've also tried checking out Activisions support site... their tech support website is utterly useless. :mad:

Back