• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

complete Sega Dreamcast system - $20 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
craig588 said:

Its really choppy and have really warped sound. Its easier to get a DVD player. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-131-112&depa=0

Thanks, but I have a DVD-ROM drive and 2 standalone players. However, only one plays VCD. Neither play SVCD or Divx.

Just looking for a way to play DiVx on my TV w/o converting to VCD or hooking computer up to TV through video card.

I guess I'll have to buy a standalone divx player :-/

I dont know if this is just a mistake of mine or anything, but i would like to point this out to everyone, VERY important:

This deal is NOT $20 including shipping!!!

$20 does not include shipping costs!!!

The cheapest and crappiest shipping is $2

So the deal is $22-30 depending on shipping.

~$25 with cheapest shipping and tax.

and yes, $25 shipped is still a smokin deal

Im waiting for someone to confirm, this could just be me.

N1vek215 said:
That's a smoking deal. I had sooo many memories iwth DC. I remember I bought my DC form a kid at school for $200 and with 3 games (resident evil code veronica, Soul Calibur, and Sonic Adventure). And then I got into the Homebrew scene over at dcemulation.com and I was sooo attached to that system and burned soo many emulators and had friends play along. Wow, the feeling of playing nba2k1 online with other people, and being able to surf the net. That system was sooo ahead of it's time. WHat killed it was that it came out too early :( Too many people were waiting for ps2 O well. Good times.

I also think where the games were easily copyable, etc. I bought most of my games, but sometimes you couldnt find that game you really wanted....

I am DEFINATLEY buying one of these for backup/parts. I have like 3 systems, 1 fully working, 2 others for parts and a 3rd one WORKING would make things a lot easier.

I just really wish the broadband adapter wasnt so rare/expensive. (Like $100) :(

Actually, I think Phantasy Star Online died. I'm pretty sure Sega dropped it's internet game service (Sega.net). But I'm not entirely sure. Phantasy Star 1&2 is out for gamecube and I'm pretty sure you CAN play that online, just I'm not sure about the DC version.

Artyboy said:
Can you walk into an ebgames store and pick one up for $20? If so I might do that tomorrow :).

no you cant do that, i called them to see if i could do this and they said that the website and the stores are completely different and cant do this unless otherwise stated on the website, sorry/

Originally posted by Artyboy Is Phantasy Star Online still open? I see that game for sale on the site as well.

no phantasy star online died quite a while ago, if you buy the game you must play it single player only, multiplayer is not included in the game

The DC was,and still is such a cool system.I have four of them and love every one of them.I think one of the coolest features of the DC was that no modchip was ever needed to do various other things with the system.And if you can find a cheap mouse and keyboard for the DC on ebay,you got yourself one cheap little 200mhz web surfer,great for a beginer to the computer (sure beats webtv IMHO).I still play MAME,SNES,and even C-64 emulators on my DC all the time,along with the countless other emus for the system.If you want to meet some really cool people who are into the DC thing too check out http://dcforums.net/ .The DC will never die:)

I dont know if this is just a mistake of mine or anything, but i would like to point this out to everyone, VERY important: This deal is NOT $20 including shipping!!! $20 does not include shipping costs!!! The cheapest and crappiest shipping is $2 So the deal is $22-30 depending on shipping. ~$25 with cheapest shipping and tax. and yes, $25 shipped is still a smokin deal Im waiting for someone to confirm, this could just be me.

They have changed the deal since I bought. 2 weeks ago it was $20 INCLUDING shipping (eb saver). Now they are charging $2 for that same eb saver that was free.

I saw 3 day shipping cost $6. I'd suggest just going with the "eba saver." My "eb saver" shipped item was sent usps priority mail and was recieved 2 days latter. The defective stuff I sent back was also returned by usps priority mail.

DC Rocks the casbah. I modded mine to have a blue LED and a window so I can watch the (burned) cd's spin ;)

By the way, a quick search around some IRC search engines may or may not yield pretty much every game you could want that is burnable on a standard CDRW and playable without a mod chip.

Yeah who knows though, I sure haven't tried anything like that! *coughLOLcough*

wow! great find!

I gave my dreamcast to my girlfriend a long time ago but this is a great opportunity for me to have it back!!

keep in mind you still gotta track down some VMU's for memory storage.. the authentic DC ones w/LCD are about $10 on ebay.

The best games for this (in my opinion) are:

- Jet Set Radio
- Powerstone
- Powerstone 2
- Puzzle Fighter
- Bust a Move
- Chu Chu Rocket
- Crazy Taxi
- Soul Caliber
- Sega Bass Fishing/Sega Marine Fishing

the list goes on and on.

to whoever asked about emulators, there is a MASSIVE community of DC modders/hackers out there who made just about everything you could think of. I have SNES, NeoGeo, Genesis, Gameboy, and PS1 emulators. The only really useful one is the SNES emulator.

There are utils that let you play VCD but the quality is horrible.. some let you play MP3 cds, but again it's horrible...

anyhow, i'm ordering one NOW.

IMOG is right. Sega Tennis is the best game on the Dreamcast. This is why I own a Dreamcast. Just remember, no one will want to play with you when you beat them all the time.

Dreamcast is great and theres still a large underground scene for it, i'm still part of it :D I have 3 Dreamcasts and over a hundred original games, tons of rarities...In fact until i recently got my PC its all i used to surf online. I use my Ch@b account on my PC now. There is a great Homebrew scene for it yeah, one recent title i got was Beats Of Rage, great for a Homebrew title. Its a Homage to SNK(King Of Fighters) and Segas Streets Of Rage. Get down to dcemulation or boob.co.uk...Dreamcasts are well worth buying, especially for that price!
They are still making games for it in Japan too. The most recent ones i bought are Puyo Puyo Fever and Border Down. I use Lik Sang mainly for all my Imports.

This looks like a pretty cool deal. I am pretty interested, mainly for SC1 since I got SC2 for GC and it rocks. :)

How do you guys rate the games? Like are most of them pretty fun or just ok? Thanks.

i got mine for 20$ and that includes shipping. came in good condition. controller was a little dirty, but that was easy to clean. been using the system and a 2$ memory card and they both work great.

jet set radio is an awsome game, and of course the resident evil games are great. sonic adveture 1 and 2 are also fun.

but, the best game for dreamcast would have to be (virtua) tennis 2k2. my thumbs are bleeding from playing this game so much.

wow memories....tennis 2k2 is an awesome game.....along with the NFL 2k series.....the NBA 2k series......tony hawk one for the dreamcast is the best tony hawk there is in my opinion..........I actually quite enjoyed blue stinger .........heavy metal I thought was a fun and original fighting game.......soul calibur of course THE BEST FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME!.....if you liked Soul Calibur 2 then you will LOVE the first one on the dreamcast!!!............you will also love Ready 2 Rumble boxing.....Jet Grind Radio is fun(I never got into it but I heard its fabulous)......Resident Evil Code Veronica was an AWESOME IMHO the best Resident Evil game made thus far Great sound and Visuals were amazing......as for emulators WOW!...the nes, snes and genisis emulators are awesome!.......for $20 you cant go wrong I have 3 of these things....I was one of the peopl in line at 9 9 99....to be honest I still feel if it were still under heavy development would have as good of graphics as the ps2.....but alas Sony won :(........great system 4 player games liek NFL2k entertained me and my football buddies after games COUNTLESS TIMES!!!...(that and those pool parties with the football GIRLS ;))......anywho the point is for $20 you cant go wrong especially if you missed playing these awesome games the first time :D

Back