• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

connecting PDA to car . . . some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

ok it seemed to me this goes here . . . hope i'm right

i want to connect my PDA to my car's speakers but my car stereo does not have an AUX or LINE IN or something like that . . can that be added somehow? my car sterero has a cassette player and a radio, it's pretty old and i don't care much about frankesteining it.
Also i would like to have a charger for the PDA connect to the lighter . . . but i can't find that accesory for my PDA here in argentina. the regular charger that i have says it outputs 5v DC 3a. can i just use any power source with that output or does the charger do something special?

thanks guys i realize these are weird questions but OCforums never let me down before!

emilio

The only way I would know how to do it would be to use a cassette adapter (used to use one for my ipod) or a radio transmitter. I personally think that you are better off with a cassette adapter as I have found that radio transmitters don't give off good sound/consistant signal. You might be able to find a power adapter on ebay. Tell us what model PDA you have we might be able to help you. Heck, if you can't find someone to ship to you on ebay I would be more than willing to help somehow.

Back