• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today's power supply comes to us courtesy of Cooler Master. Rather than starting us off with a mid-range unit they went straight to the top!Hence we have the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300 W power supply to review today. The name is huge, the rated output is huge, the box the PSU comes in is far from small, it looks like "big" might be today's theme.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Monster indeed!
It's sitting in my home box right now, intake fan down out the bottom of the case, 5830 bitcoining away madly and 2600k@4ghz running a chunk of rosetta@home.
Is the PSU concerned enough to run the fan? Well, no. Pure convection cooling is plenty for that load.

Glad y'all like the review :D

As the regulators get warmer their minimum voltage drop actually gets lower. I think this is negative resistance at work. Higher temperature means more freely moving electrons and electron holes and thus a lower voltage drop.

Last edited:
I was wondering why, thank you!
I imagine that explains the positive feedback loop of LEDs without current limiting resistors or constant current power supplies as well.

Worst looking fan controller ever ?

Love the fact the PSU is an hybrid tough.

Back