• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling Wisdom Needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
I run the MCX462, it cooled great on my 8KHA+, 30-34C idle, 36-41 Load at 1.85V. Now I just got the 8K3A which supports Vcore up to 2.2V!!! So now I am running 172x10.5 but to reach this I need 2V and WOW am I running HOT:mad: Granted I just reinstalled the MCX462 with AS3 so I know it takes time to settle in but after running Prime 95 for an hour, I am loading at 54C!!! I have been Idling at 42-46C which is hot. My question to you is will a good H20 setup bring my temps way down? I was thinking of the new Swiftech Qpower, I know it's ugly but... it seems to work well. I would really rather put my own together but that means a new case and H20 parts etc.

I could probably get to 1875Mhz on air at 2.2V but I would load at like 65C!!

Thanks

Assuming that is a Tbird, That's about 120W of heat! Assuming your temperature sensor is correct and assuming your PC room is not too hot, good, non-peltier water cooling should get your temps down another 10C.

Hoot

Hoot this is an XP1900, not a Tbird! As I browse the web, my idle temp is 45C. My room temp is the same as with the 8KHA+, around 23-24C. So you think the Qpower will do this good?

Back