• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper Heat sinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi I have the Abit KT7A 1.2 at 1.33,,,

These new copper heat sinks perform according to Joes reviews very very well.I can tell you that my alpha pal 6035 allows my processor to reach temps almost 10c higher than on Joes 1.1 at 1397.

Now that is a huge increase in cooling perfromance,Cant wait for the Thermalright to hit market,It so far is the best performer of the few copper sinks tested.

I was thinking the Millenium was the best performer. It beat out the swiftech. I was at their site the other day and they are talking about shipping in the near future. The design on this thing is far better than some of the other copper HSF's Joe has reviewed. The fan sits down inside the body and that is supposed to quiet some of the noise created by these high CFM fans. You should check it out. It's called the Glaciator.

i heard the hedgehog was sweet also but noisy i like the one that is stated above more and is about 20 bucks cheaper!

seabhac (Apr 27, 2001 08:54 a.m.):
I was thinking the Millenium was the best performer. It beat out the swiftech. I was at their site the other day and they are talking about shipping in the near future. The design on this thing is far better than some of the other copper HSF's Joe has reviewed. The fan sits down inside the body and that is supposed to quiet some of the noise created by these high CFM fans. You should check it out. It's called the Glaciator.

This is a great lookin' item, isn't it?? I've read that it's cooling capabilities are closer to a water cooling setup than an air cooled one.

I'm hoping to get one of these in the near future, and will be doing a comparison between this, and my PEP66T, with the 60x60x10mm Delta, and the PEP w/ the 60x60x25 Delta 38cfm "hair drier".

Actually, I started testing the PEP last night, as I just got the Delta 38 in a few days ago. It's running on the Celeron mentioned in my "sig" below.

When I can get one of the Millenium's, I'm hoping to write something up, possibly for the front page.....stay tuned.

Mr B

That Thermalright looks pretty nice. I wonder why they stuck with a 60mm fan form factor though? I can see the first hack being a quieter 80mm fan. In general, HSF manufacturers are slowly waking up to the reality of the 75+W of the faster cpus. C/Ws must be < .25 (ideally, < .20), especially in the warmer months of summer.

Hoot

diehrd (Apr 27, 2001 06:00 a.m.):
Hi I have the Abit KT7A 1.2 at 1.33,,,

These new copper heat sinks perform according to Joes reviews very very well.I can tell you that my alpha pal 6035 allows my processor to reach temps almost 10c higher than on Joes 1.1 at 1397.

Now that is a huge increase in cooling perfromance,Cant wait for the Thermalright to hit market,It so far is the best performer of the few copper sinks tested.

You can't take any review as "that's the temperature I will get". Your ambient temperature, case setup (it appears that the reviews are done open bench), etc. will make a difference.

Back