• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair mini deal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i mean, i can get it for a buck cheaper at chief value, but what i really mean is "should i go with this? mushkin? gskill?? cheapo??? :)

You'll have to tell us what you plan on doing with your system and what your budget is.

Also, use the edit button next time.

this is a gaming/music playing/do it all sort of rig. i don't need massive performance, i need price/performance

if you're OCing DO NOT get corsair value, you'll beat yourself senseless doing so... I speak from experience. depending on your budget I'd try some twinmos speed premiums or some mushkin blue enhanced cas 2, or even perhaps some gskill value. not corsair

Yes, i have had Corsair VS, just sold them. I hated them, only could go to like 225-230 tops...when your lucky.

I do need your budget though.

budget: as low as possible. i was planning 512mb ram at first. so 1gb is a jump even. but i could spend a bit more if it's really worth it.

ps: isn't the whole point of overclocking that you can spend less?? :(

pps: ok; the gskill is cas2 and not much more. the mushkin blue stuff is much more expensive. thoughts??????

Yes but RAM has to first be a good OC'er.

What are you aiming for in your OC?

IS 200 ovr your budgte? 250?

yes, and yes. i think $100 for the gskill would be as much as i can pay. is that my best bet then?? i don't even have a good vid card yet; so i need that first. is newegg the only place to get it??

ps: so what we're saying is i'll notice a significant difference between the two in gaming etc?

You'll notice a differnece in OC. You will have to use a divider. I say get some G.Skill and be done with it. At least it'll be betteer then the Corsair VS....

Back