• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could someone help me please....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metaxas

Ok, until DDR becomes available, and I get another case and everything, I want to modify my Dell case (XPS-T600) I want to put some more fans in it, to bring down the temp a bit, I want to put some overclocking stuff on my vid card (Elsa Gladic GF2-GTS 32MB) but where do I put my fans at? There is a place in the front of the case that is open, and pulls in air, I was thinking about a 92mm on top (blowhole) take out the PS and make it external, and put another 80mm fan in its place, and put another 80mm fan over the existing one that draws air across the heat sink, and make them run in tandom to pull more air across it..(it gets hotter then hell)) and some kinda bad *** fan to blow on the vid card to cool it even further. Does this sound right...Could someone help me with this? And having something blow on the vid card, wouldn't that jack up the fan on the HS? I am going to get a copper HSF from 2 cool tek (or somewhere) and I need to figure this out...cause I would like to get started.... thanks.

I run a system at present with all of the case exterior removed and the power supply situated externally. It helps a great deal for cool air (of which there is plenty in Great Briatin) to get at your CPU cooler and do the business.

...However - I don't see the point of doing this if you have the original Dell Intel OEM motherboard in situe since they love to run stock speeds very well and nothing more usually!!!

wild_andy_c (Dec 30, 2000 05:52 a.m.):
I run a system at present with all of the case exterior removed and the power supply situated externally. It helps a great deal for cool air (of which there is plenty in Great Briatin) to get at your CPU cooler and do the business.

...However - I don't see the point of doing this if you have the original Dell Intel OEM motherboard in situe since they love to run stock speeds very well and nothing more usually!!!

Well, its not exactly for the CPU itself, more along the lines of getting the internal case temps down, so that I can successfully overclock my vid card...will help a bit, but they sure do need to hurry their *** up with this DDR...:)

Back