• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu cooler and thermal compound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gosu

SORRY GUYS
THIS IS ONE QUESTION
I HAVE ATHLON XP1800 AND XP1900
WHAT IS THE BEST CPU COOLER I CAN BUY FOR OVERCLOCK MY PROCESORS
I SEE IN THE NET VOLCANO 7, DRAGON ORBITAL 3, MILLENIUM GLACIATOR,THERMAL AX-7, PAL8045, COOLERMASTER HHC-001
ETC.

WHAT IS THE BEST CPU COOLER???
AND THE BEST THERMAL COMPOUND???

I HAVE XP1800 @1.66GHZ my temp is 50C normal and full load 59C
is very hot??

what i need???

plz help me:(

actually my cpu fan

Power Input 2.16W (Bottom),
2.52W (Top)
Fan Speed 5000±10% RPM (Bottom)
5500±10% RPM (Top)
Air Pressure 6.6mm-H2O(Bottom)
6.05mm-H2O (Top)
Max. Air Flow 22.98CFM(Bottom)
17.3CFM(Top)
Noise 28.3 dba(Bottom)
34 dba (Top)
Air Volume (CFM) 21 CFM

hey, dont post the same question in two diffrent sections at the same time, i just answered u in the cooling area (which is where it should be)

Relax cjlax5. You don't have to be so rude ok. He is a new member so give him some slack. I'm sure at one time you might have done the same.

Daniel

AVOID THE ORB.

Now that that is said, I can say that the others should all serve you well. The volcano 7 is probably the poorest performer of the heatsinks left over. As for the other three, they are quite good. The AX7 will not come with a fan, so you'll have to order one separately. You may have to do so with the others, too. I actually suggest the AX7, because AMD will be abandoning the 4 hole heatsink mounting technique, so the three-prong clip will serve you further into the future.

As far as thermal compound goes? Any of the high-performance will do just fine. Arctic silver 2 and 3 are excellent performers and relatively cheap, and so is Arctic alumina. Arctic alumina is the best performing thermal grease that will cause no electrical problems. Better performing thermal greases are either conductive or capacitive, so smears of them would have to be wiped cleanly away from any electrical contacts. Arctic alumina does not have this problem.
I personally use arctic silver 3.

I use AS II but ASIII should perform slightly better.
As for the HSF, It's really a toss-up. There are so many out right now that it's really a matter of preference and what people are using. I'm perfectly happy w/ my Evercool CUD725 but had a delta fan on my other heatsink.
Check out the HSF review in this website. You'll have more than enough choices there. Concentrate on the top 20 heatsinks.

Back