• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Power Cables Not Long Enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Are there extensions to get? They are long enough if I don't route them through the back, so I can get by for now.
Thanks

Its Corsair RMx 750

I've purchased and used 4-pin and 8-pin extenders before. I think that I have an 8-pin still on my threadripper machine. Easy to get and cheap.

They are not PSU or MB specific. Don't over think it. It would have a female end to extend what you have on your PSU and a male end to plug into your MB.

What case are you using? It seems odd that they wouldn't be long enough, but yeah extensions are fine. Just make sure they are of a decent quality (i.e. 18 gauge).

Don't over think it.
I like this advice... :geek:
It would have a female end to extend what you have on your PSU and a male end to plug into your MB.
Got ya.
What case are you using?
Cooler Master H500M
Just make sure they are of a decent quality (i.e. 18 gauge).
That sounds like good advice too.
Post magically merged:

It looks like they are only sold in kits. How does this look?

Last edited:
Those are way better than what I got. Other than cost I don't see an issue with those. I'm not even saying it is too much, just more than I spent on a cheaper cable. I only got the one 8-pin. Years ago I needed a 24-pin that I'm sure is floating around. Knock wood, I didn't have issues with super cheap cables but buying good quality can't hurt at all. Quality or price? Take your pick.

Those are way better than what I got. Other than cost I don't see an issue with those. I'm not even saying it is too much, just more than I spent on a cheaper cable. I only got the one 8-pin. Years ago I needed a 24-pin that I'm sure is floating around. Knock wood, I didn't have issues with super cheap cables but buying good quality can't hurt at all. Quality or price? Take your pick.
Thank you don!

Those look good to me and at a price even I wouldn't mind. Kudos to you on the find.

Yeah, I am glad I caught that only 1 CPU cable was included. And thanks again.

I usually get Linkup extensions as they're good quality. Some PC case brands are using their products too, but usually PCIe risers. I like their gold/silver and teflon series. Mainly because typical braided cables are hard to clean from dust after some time (white turns yellowish/greyish and black turns greyish), while these that I mentioned are still braided but covered with transparent rubber from the outside. The teflon series is only metallic so doesn't fit everything.

Back