• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn **** Q8200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes SamSaveMax is right ;) and i did now!! at this part i am running 3,20/3,21Ghz since 3,33/3,29/3,25 all at 1,47v gave me blue screen. I have to test 3,20 now and then lower my voltage's if it stays stable for 2 hours with prime95 cause i am at 1,47v

Temps where 73 degrees with prime95 after 1 and half hour.
And they once hit around 76 but the cpu cooler was able to get it back stable to 73*

4 New Case Fans orderd so after that it will be better and ill start oc'ing my SLI 8800GTS 640MB

780i is a terrible chipset for FSB overclocking. I'd suggest dumping that board and picking up a cheap P45 motherboard.

I just took this well 2 months ago xD It's a great motherboard but at that time i never thought about overclocking ! I just started Overclocking this week.

Sam, when I ran P95, the Temps outside and in my house were in the mid 60s, right now, We are mid 90s and in my house I am barely under 80. My temps "were" idle at 30, but went up as it got hotter outside. They push 70s in this heat as well. Please don't turn this in to a big penis contest, as I am trying to help him out, not put him down. I did not say it is a bad overclocker, because frankly I would only know what I read. What I am saying is because the Multi is lower, even at the same FSB his overclock will be wayyyy off of that what a Q6600 is. Granted.... even at 3.2 he is about equivalent to my 3.6, but in order to hit 3.2 he has to be at almost 460 compared to my 400. Like you said on a mediocre - bad motherboard, that may just not be possible. I don't know what he paid for that board, but it may have been better for him to take the difference in cash and get a Q9550 which was on sale at Newegg.

But enough of that. With persistence I am sure he will manage 3.2 even on that board, he just has to find the sweet spot.

P.S. Where in my sig does it say small ffts?

But enough of that. With persistence I am sure he will manage 3.2 even on that board, he just has to find the sweet spot.

P.S. Where in my sig does it say small ffts?

Ye i think 3.2Ghz is pretty stable atm ! ran 2x Prime95 for an hour xD now i am just waiting till it gets past 2 hours then i lower voltage.

I live in the netherlands so i payed to much for it :) €150 thats around $210
Same counts for my Q8200 payed €150. But hey i am happy with it ;)

I will keep in touch how much voltage i need in the end. Do i need to run prime95 each time for 2 hours when i lower voltage? or 30 minutes is fine?

Everyone has very wide ranging opinions about prime. Its kind of like asking someones opinion on Capital Punishment.

In MY opinion, 15 min. between voltages changes just to make sure your not gonna crash right away, but to check for stable overclock Prime for 4-6 hours outta do it. Most people would tell you let prime run 24 hours, but I really don't see the point, unless your temperatures in your house vary by 20 degrees throughout the day or something.

P.S. I am new to this overclocking thing myself, unless you count me overclocking my 486 DX and My P4.

In that case 24 hours Prime 95 and Orthos between voltage changes.

Slow and Steady wins the race. :D

After 2 hours 3,20Ghz is stable
I will start lowering voltage now

lollllolll after posting this message the computer got blue-screen
i am testing now 3,19Ghz / 1,37V / bus speed = 456Mhz / RATED FSB 1825 / DRAM Frequency 456Mhz / 1:1 Ratio / Ram 2.1V

The rest of the voltages i left on auto !

Running 3,15Ghz / 1.280V / Rated FSB 1800 / Ram 450Mhz / 1:1 ratio / Ram 2.1V / timings 5/5/5/15/24/2T
Will run prime tonight

Last edited:
Back