• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed a 5800x now reboots while gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gr3y Gh0st

Ok I have a 5700g so I decided to get a 5800x.I installed the cpu all booted up fine.I can search the net open up programs nothing demanding all fine.I started up Escape from tarkov played about 5 mins and boom pc rebooted.It gave no errors or anthing.Not really sure if its a bad chip or what.The temps seemed normal to what others on the net are saying.I put the 5700g back in and went on my way.Ive been searching all day to find anything to try.I just did update the bios and reinstalled windows 11 a few mins ago but havent tried the 5800x yet.Should I just send it back which is just waiting on the next day for them to pick up?I want to try it again so bad but dont want to waste anymore time in it LOL.Thanks for any help.

Forgot to add I even changed psu thinking maybe the problem and ram same issue.

Last edited:
I did lol so far so good I played Tarkov on streets the most laggy map for me because of my system and no reboots lol thank god hopefully that was it.Now im trying to do the under volt thing to help keep it a little cooler but my bios doesnt have manual for cpu core.It only has auto and offset and with offset I cant change anything only see a + and a - and does nothing.Oh well it might not be something I need to do anyways was just curious to see what would happen.Thank you for responding I really appriciate it.

Its a garbage one but thought id see it came with a pre built i got for cheap last year.Its a g10dk so it might not let me do anything.

It only has auto and offset and with offset I cant change anything only see a + and a - and does nothing.
typically when you change to an offset, another field pops up to adjust the value (additional to + or -). Feel free to show us a picture of your BIOS if you want to pursue undevolting.

CPUz, the mainboard tab, displays the motherboard model. ;)

It's possible there is a BIOS setting for Core Offset. I researched another Asus pre-built & they never provided a BIOS update for the board. Yours seem to be similar to that.

You might be able to use PBO2 Tuner to set a negative core offset if your BIOS doesn't allow it.

Heres my bios when i offset all i see is + and - and i cant change it to anything.I tried using ryzen master but not really the right way to do so but set it to 1.3v and set at 4ghz the temps dropped alot and ran great.Not really sure what im shooting for just temps to be some what lower I game alot and all the time.Im olny using the 212 black edition cooler and i seen it hit 80c for a sec while gaming,it ran fine i just thought it was warm.When i set it to what i did in ryzen master it never went over 70c.

Motherboard in cpuid says Model G10DK Asus Southbridge B550

https://i.postimg.cc/9X4RkybX/unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
I see Offset Mode Sign, which is negative. Below that is Offset Mode Voltage, which should have the options of 5, 10, 15, etc. Pretty sure that translates to -0.05, -0.10, -15, etc. I'd start with -0.10 & run something like Cinebench 24 & see how it goes.

unnamed.jpg

Awesome Im blind I am getting old lol.So far im good undervolted to 1.3 and running 4ghz and im alot cooler.Is it ok to run this chip at 4ghz?I mean is it good for it or fast enough I mean im gaming ok.Or should I set it to run faster?Im new to this so sorry for all the questions.Thanks again by the way.

Just an update i ended up setting everything back to stock settings in the motherboard and it’s been running strong,hitting temps high 80c oh well seems to not bother it.Thanks again for everyone’s help.
Post magically merged:

I’m wondering what’s the biggest gpu my board can handle when I search stuff keeps showing 3060 is this right?I have the 12 gab version but wanted bigger I do game?

Last edited:
Temps seem high. Perhaps you should address your cooling issues before upgrading other things?

Everyone is telling me that’s normal for this chip while hard gaming for hours a day?I updated my cooling but still hits 80 at time while gaming.

Back