• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 11, version 23H2 Automatically Installed Now Office Outlook Client is Gone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash1

Once again Armoury Crate started having problems and I went to check for updates. The next thing I saw was Windows 11, version 23H2 being installed.
Now my PC is having issues with Armoury Crate services that ends up causing my PC to reboot.
It appears that somehow my profile is corrupt and I created another user and it's working fine for Windows.
While setting up the client I could not find my Outlook (Office 2019 Pro Local Installation).
There is an Outlook Client with a New next to it and it's the web version.
The old one is still working in my original user setup (in-between crashes). So I know the app is somewhere but I cannot find Outlook.exe.....

Any suggestions?

Also I heard on another site that a "working" version of Armoury Crate is coming soon.....anyone know anything about this?

Thanks all!

Armoury Crate has been troublesome for people for sure, including me. For the past few months though, it has been fine.

Did you uninstall (and use that tool they have) and see if the reboots stop?

Re: Outlook, I had 365 locally installed and there is a new outlook client (a few months ago, late 23'). As far as finding the .exe for your old version, find your MSO installation path and look for it in there. You can also search for "outlook.exe" in Windows and see what it finds. ;)

....or, better, the new outlook has as toggle in the upper right corner to use new and old.... though not sure if 'old' goes back to your version.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 064635.png

Armoury Crate has been troublesome for people for sure, including me. For the past few months though, it has been fine.

Did you uninstall (and use that tool they have) and see if the reboots stop?

Re: Outlook, I had 365 locally installed and there is a new outlook client (a few months ago, late 23'). As far as finding the .exe for your old version, find your MSO installation path and look for it in there. You can also search for "outlook.exe" in Windows and see what it finds. ;)

....or, better, the new outlook has as toggle in the upper right corner to use new and old.... though not sure if 'old' goes back to your version.

View attachment 365447
Asus just sent me the uninstall/re-install for Armoury Crate yesterday but I've been waiting to hear if the issues have been fixed. One of my questions is when you run the uninstall does it remove it completely or are there left over directories with some data still in them like before....IF SO should I delete them?

That's the weird thing.....I have searched the complete OS drive for Outlook.exe but it seems to open the New version. When I add one of my email accounts it installs in a separate folder so I would have to check each one whereas before everything and every account was under the same inbox. Also I don't have the "New Outlook" under my client.

I'm thinking about re-installing Office 2019....I did already try to "repair"

Thanks for your reply EarthDog!

but I've been waiting to hear if the issues have been fixed.
You're going to have to try it, bud. Everyone's system is different. Use the uninstall tool to clean things up. As far as leaving things behind... no idea... but I'd guess no as that is what the uninstaller is supposed to clean up in the first place.

Also I don't have the "New Outlook" under my client.
You don't have that toggle in your Outlook? Interesting.

You're going to have to try it, bud. Everyone's system is different. Use the uninstall tool to clean things up. As far as leaving things behind... no idea... but I'd guess no as that is what the uninstaller is supposed to clean up in the first place.

OK......here goes :cool:

Well after the uninstall it removed everything from Program Files but Program Files(386) folder still existed. >Rebooted and uninstall then it removed almost everything from Program Files(386) except for a few directories. Changed the Asus folder name then Rebooted and I manually uninstalled the rest.

Installed files from ASUS yesterday but it could not find my Lighting then it told me there was an update......Finally after installing then going and re-installing Aura NOW I've got it working even displaying files for updating!

Happy again now if I can just find Outlook for my new user since my profile keeps Armoury services with high CPU.....

Thanks as always Earthdog!

Have a great, safe and warm weekend!!!

Got one more question......I install as Admin but when a user logs in every time these two popups for User Account Control appear.....from the first time as a user that I saw message I clicked YES......PC blue screened and I had to reinstall windows.....
Any ideas of how to prevent these?
ArmourySocketServer & ArmourySwAgent

Also here is a picture of my Outlook 2019 and it appears that somehow during an MS update it changed/added Office 365 which I don't want

Attachments

• ArmourySocketServer.jpg
    ArmourySocketServer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • ArmourySwAgent.jpg
    ArmourySwAgent.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Outlook 2019.jpg
    Outlook 2019.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
Got one more question......I install as Admin but when a user logs in every time these two popups for User Account Control appear.....from the first time as a user that I saw message I clicked YES......PC blue screened and I had to reinstall windows.....
Any ideas of how to prevent these?
ArmourySocketServer & ArmourySwAgent

Also here is a picture of my Outlook 2019 and it appears that somehow during an MS update it changed/added Office 365 which I don't want

The whole "Office" setup is kind of maddening. FIRST... and I can't stress this enough... make SURE it's really Office 365. If it is... uninstall it and 2019 should remain. (Or just uninstall it anyway and MAKE SURE you're installing 2019).

It took me two or three tries to get 2019 installed correctly on my mother's laptop just this past Christmas. I think one of those times 2019 WAS installed... but it looked like it was 365. There's some kind of way you can toggle between the two... it was really confusing... but eventually I figured it out.

I still have to install Office 2019 on my own computer. NOT looking forward to it.

The whole "Office" setup is kind of maddening. FIRST... and I can't stress this enough... make SURE it's really Office 365. If it is... uninstall it and 2019 should remain. (Or just uninstall it anyway and MAKE SURE you're installing 2019).

It took me two or three tries to get 2019 installed correctly on my mother's laptop just this past Christmas. I think one of those times 2019 WAS installed... but it looked like it was 365. There's some kind of way you can toggle between the two... it was really confusing... but eventually I figured it out.

I still have to install Office 2019 on my own computer. NOT looking forward to it.
Yes this is BS.....I reinstalled 2019 but outlook is still 365 or web based....just another way to track or get our info....will be trying again & thanks for confirming I didn't go crazy :unsure:
Post magically merged:

Yes this is BS.....I reinstalled 2019 but outlook is still 365 or web based....just another way to track or get our info....will be trying again & thanks for confirming I didn't go crazy :unsure:
I could have sworn I saw Office 365 in my installed apps but at that time I didn't uninstall.....now I can only find it under my apps.....

How did you uninstall 365? I may still be asleep.....Yes I was asleep....found it

Last edited:
Well, I finally got Outlook Classic back....had to uninstall Office 2019 and install office 2013.....I had no problem with the other version other than I had to go through M$ to get my mail and each email account appeared separately!:mad:
Post magically merged:

Tried that...uninstalled 365 uninstalled O 2019, rebooted installed Office 2019 and outlook still had Outlook New! Had to uninstall and go back to Office 2013.

I've loved MS for years.....until now....I don't want web based....I want local where I will always have my stuff without eyes.......somewhat anyway
:rolleyes:

Well, I finally got Outlook Classic back....had to uninstall Office 2019 and install office 2013.....I had no problem with the other version other than I had to go through M$ to get my mail and each email account appeared separately!:mad:
Post magically merged:

Tried that...uninstalled 365 uninstalled O 2019, rebooted installed Office 2019 and outlook still had Outlook New! Had to uninstall and go back to Office 2013.

I've loved MS for years.....until now....I don't want web based....I want local where I will always have my stuff without eyes.......somewhat anyway
:rolleyes:

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. It's my birthday today... so I was out (and going out again shortly).

The trick is that you can't JUST uninstall Office... You have to uninstall Office AND Outlook separately or it doesn't work. (You also have to uninstall one other thing). Once you've done that THEN install Office 2019 and no more web based.

I know... it's a pain in the ***. But I think I had it figured out in about 40 minutes.

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. It's my birthday today... so I was out (and going out again shortly).

The trick is that you can't JUST uninstall Office... You have to uninstall Office AND Outlook separately or it doesn't work. (You also have to uninstall one other thing). Once you've done that THEN install Office 2019 and no more web based.

I know... it's a pain in the ***. But I think I had it figured out in about 40 minutes.
I went back to 2013 version since everytime I tried to install 2019 it changed Outlook to the web based.....I will try again later but I just wanted to get one user account working. I did find in one place another 365 (maybe it was the All Apps) that I may not have deleted before re-trying to re-install 2019. But for now everything is working so I'm going to leave it alone and wait for a day I don't have anything to do :unsure::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Post magically merged:

Thanks for everyone's help....back up and running with my user account!

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Once again Armoury Crate started having problems and I went to check for updates. The next thing I saw was Windows 11, version 23H2 being installed.
Now my PC is having issues with Armoury Crate services that ends up causing my PC to reboot.
It appears that somehow my profile is corrupt and I created another user and it's working fine for Windows.
While setting up the client I could not find my Outlook (Office 2019 Pro Local Installation).
There is an Outlook Client with a New next to it and it's the web version.
The old one is still working in my original user setup (in-between crashes). So I know the app is somewhere but I cannot find Outlook.exe.....

Any suggestions?

Also I heard on another site that a "working" version of Armoury Crate is coming soon.....anyone know anything about this?

Thanks all!
I know they want me to pay for outlook the new version.:mad:

I know they want me to pay for outlook the new version.:mad:
That's the problem....I knew that EOL was comming or past for Office 2013 so I purchased 2019 and everything was great until an update occurred and CHANGE Outlook to Outlook "New"!
Why do I have to pass my emails through M$ when I have an email provider????

Good luck!

That's the problem....I knew that EOL was comming or past for Office 2013 so I purchased 2019 and everything was great until an update occurred and CHANGE Outlook to Outlook "New"!
Why do I have to pass my emails through M$ when I have an email provider????

Good luck!
I mean it's not that much when you do one of the payment plans like $9 or something.

I mean it's not that much when you do one of the payment plans like $9 or something.

The hell with software subscriptions. The biggest scam Adobe ever came up with... Now EVERYBODY's trying to do it.

I can't wait to have a more serious alternative to Photoshop. (I've already replaced Premiere and After Effects). Then I'll never use another adobe product ever again. (And 2019 will be my last ever Microsoft Office.)

oh gosh... reading this thread, i'm SO GLAD i never did anything with outlook, office, whatever. (as seldom as i need anything like office, i use Open Office)
i also won't pay subscription fees for anything on my PC, but meh...

going back to the Original Post, i found out that some update to Windows actually changed one of my Windows Update settings to allow it to install NON windows updates, such as drivers. One day last week it installed some logitech software through Windows Update and wouldn't let me ignore it... so i had to look up the Windows11 way to RE-disable driver updates through WIndows Update. it's not where the average Joe would think the setting should be, obviously, because M$.

however, it's actually obvious (under advanced in the windows update menu) how to disable windows updates for other MS software, such as office. (i presume you may already have done so)

i'm so sick of software automatically opting me into new options without even telling me that there even IS a new option, but that's another topic for another thread, i suppose.

Back